Why become a member? ×

Warwicks vs. Strap Locks

Eight

For the last time, my pesky Vampyre has tried to escape playing some cheesy pop song by letting go of the strap. Luckily I've managed to catch it each time.

Was just trying to decide whether to buy some Warwick strap locks online, or nip down to a local guitar emporium tomorrow where they sell some Schallers, but I stumbled across fragments of info that suggest there *may* be an issue with these strap locks on Warwick basses??? Something to do with the screws???

Anyone know the full story here?

Edited by Eight

Try Dunlop straplocks they are compatible with Warwick straplocks so you dont need to touch the one fitted to a Warwick as standard and if you use the Dunlop fittings you can still use an ordinary strap if your silly enough to forget your strap and also they are held on to the strap using a "C" clip instead of a nut so cant come undone

[url="http://www.dv247.com/guitars/jim-dunlop-sls1031n-straplocks--35024"]http://www.dv247.com/guitars/jim-dunlop-sl...raplocks--35024[/url]

Dont know the shop but the product is excellent

By a weird coincidence, I went out this morning and bought some Dunlop locks.

The screws that come with them are a tad thinner and shorter than the Warwick screws holding the regular strap nobs on... seems secure but there's a lingering doubt in my mind. Still... probably less likely to come out than my previous predicament of the strap coming off all the time.

For ref: you can't use the standard Warwick screws because the head is too big to fit into the Dunlop straplock. We should really start a campaign to force guitar and bass manufacturers to standardise their use of screws.

Nope. They don't fit - bottom one falls straight out as the screw isn't big enough.

Grrr... so either I try and [s]find out if the Warwick locks fit properly... [/s] or I have someone fill and drill my bass Eeeeekk.

Edit: Just remembered the Warwick locks are supposedly pretty poor.

Edited by Eight