Why become a member? ×

BC Rich Mockingbird USA and Kramer XL8

yanto

Hi
My friend has just given me these two basses to check out and see if there is any interest

USA BC Rich Mockingbird serial no 81146 which is 79/80 I believe.Pretty standard I think although fitted with Badass bridge which is possibly aftermarket?Maple with mahogany? strips.I need to have a closer look but on initial inspection everything looks OK including neck.VGC

Kramer XL8 8-string bass serial no A3207 which I think is 80/81.Has original small oval aluminium neckplate.Walnut with maple strips and in excellent condition.

Can anyone give me a rough price guide for these basses-I can upload photos later if required

Cheers
Iain

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='589559' date='Sep 4 2009, 12:04 PM']Want. Think they came with badass bridges. Lorne is the dude to ask.[/quote]

About BC Riches that is...

I have a similar Kramer XL8, I bought it for about £350 with original case and I think another went on Ebay US recently for about £320. I'm amazed that's all they are going for as they are fantastic. One of the Denmark St shops have a black one they are asking about a grand for. They're bound to appreciate significantly in value over the next few years I should have thought. If I had any money I'd be interested myself, if it was black.

[quote name='RhysP' post='591026' date='Sep 5 2009, 10:03 PM']Going by the picture I'd say the bridge isn't original as it's a Badass 2.
Could be wrong though.[/quote]

And its missing the outer 2 screws, I think an action adjustment might have happened.

Still totally sell my housemate for it.