Why become a member? ×

getting that shine back

nash

[quote name='neepheid' post='589047' date='Sep 3 2009, 08:06 PM']T-Cut or Safe-Cut[/quote]

+1

If you want a really good swirl free finish, I can't recommend the clover guitars polishing system. Very good. Direct from Clover and I think Thomanns have it. It takes it through the grades from coarse to fine. A bit of elbow grease but it comes up an absolute treat!

Alternatively, find you local polishers and get them to put it on their polishing wheel. 5 secs later, you bass will look like new!

Edited by EBS_freak

[quote name='henry norton' post='589115' date='Sep 3 2009, 09:05 PM']Just be careful with that, especially around the edges or you'll polish right through to the wood![/quote]

Yes, be careful - the heat produced can cut through a finish like butter. I'd go for T-cut as already noted and then a polish such as Auto Glyms Super Resin polish!

I would suggest trying Autoglym super resin polish before reaching for the T cut. It will remove minor scuff marks very successfully, without too much risk of rubbing through on edges. If you need an abrasive polish, I would suggest buying a bottle of 3M "Finesse It". It's much kinder to paint than T cut.

I have always used the above on my basses, and always had fantastic results, including on the nitro cellulose finish on my old EB2.

Hope this helps :)