[attachment=31977:Roscoe_Shady.jpg]
[attachment=31978:Roscoe_Body.jpg]
[attachment=31979:IMGP0752.jpg]
[attachment=31980:IMGP0757.jpg]

Many Thanks

Nathan

Edited by NJE

[quote name='NJE' post='583497' date='Aug 28 2009, 01:04 PM']Hello

I am no longer playing in my band and am thinking its a waste having this laying around not being used a lot. I have been playing my new Jap Jazz reissue a hell of a lot and have another 5 string Jazz bass for backup so I am thinking about letting it go.

Its a superb bass and many say one of the best passive 5 string basses out there. As you probably know the tonal flexibility is amazing and has so many options for a passive bass. The B is awesome unlike a lot of fenders and the fact I used to tune to B flat and still sound clear is a good indication of the quality. Its in mint condition and I still have the tags etc but not the original case (always kept in a hiscox and would sell with it)

I am in no great rush to get rid of this and just wanted to see if there was some interest in it really. I have seen these go for a huge range of prices over the last year or so as I was going to buy a second one. I have seen them go for anything from £600 - £935 in poorer condition than mine. I have no idea what to ask on price, I got this in a trade, so please if you are interested make me an offer via PM

I may also be interested in trades for Warwick Streamers (5 strings) MTD 535 (not much chance but worth a try) or Sei Flamboyant or Overwater (not a jazz) Basically something 5 string maybe with 35" scale and active to have a change from jazzes.

I dont have access to a camera until monday but maybe Mr_Russ wont mind me linking to his old post for now, as it was once his:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=20252&hl=roscoe+beck"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...;hl=roscoe+beck[/url]

Many Thanks

Nathan[/quote]

Lovely basses and quite sought after, especially the five strings. Quite like the look of them myself but those six string pickups Fender opted for put me off. First time I've seen pickups with the pole pieces between the strings :)

Edited by JPJ

[quote name='JPJ' post='583676' date='Aug 28 2009, 04:55 PM']Lovely basses and quite sought after, especially the five strings. Quite like the look of them myself but those six string pickups Fender opted for put me off. First time I've seen pickups with the pole pieces between the strings :)[/quote]
There are in fact pole pieces right under the strings as well, so each pickup has a total of 22 pole pieces. The ones not visible are shorter to reduce the magnetic pull on the strings and is one of the reasons the B-strings on RB5 basses are so increadibly good, also far up the neck. Without a doubt the best jazz fiver in my mind.

Have one just like the one on sale here, and it's a definite keeper. The price here even has me thinking of what to sell to be able to lay my hands on it as a backup...
Best of luck with the sale Nathan!

cheers / Matt

Many thanks, It is superb and to be honest there is a little voice inside my head saying dont do it, but it is a lot of money in bass to have lying around and I have 2 other superb Jazzes which will be fine as I am not playing right now. It is a fantatsic instrument and by far the best Jazz 5 I have played as well. I was a huge Stingray 5 fan but would take this over a Stingray anyday.

Thanks for the kind words.

Nathan

[quote name='BB3000S' post='584772' date='Aug 29 2009, 09:13 PM']There are in fact pole pieces right under the strings as well, so each pickup has a total of 22 pole pieces. The ones not visible are shorter to reduce the magnetic pull on the strings and is one of the reasons the B-strings on RB5 basses are so increadibly good, also far up the neck. Without a doubt the best jazz fiver in my mind.

Have one just like the one on sale here, and it's a definite keeper. The price here even has me thinking of what to sell to be able to lay my hands on it as a backup...
Best of luck with the sale Nathan!

cheers / Matt[/quote]

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='585234' date='Aug 30 2009, 05:09 PM']Re: a trade. There seems to be some common admirers of MTD and Matt Pulcinella, so maybe you'd like to take a look at [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=54390&hl="]my Level 6[/url]?[/quote]

Hi,

Thanks for the offer, It looks like a great bass but there is just something about the shape that just doesnt sit right with me. To be honest it does have one string too many for me, I am after a 5 string ideally and would only considder a 6 string if it was a sei or MTD.

Many thanks,

Nathan

[quote name='BB3000S' post='584772' date='Aug 29 2009, 09:13 PM']There are in fact pole pieces right under the strings as well, so each pickup has a total of 22 pole pieces. The ones not visible are shorter to reduce the magnetic pull on the strings and is one of the reasons the B-strings on RB5 basses are so increadibly good, also far up the neck.[/quote]

Thanks for that, I wasn't aware of the shorter pole pieces under the strings. Sounds like a very interesting concept.

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of a bump and a quick note to say I would potentially be interested in good quality combos and heads as potential trades, (preferably not Ashdown as I have used them for about 8 years and fancy a change).

Cheers,

Nathan