Why become a member? ×

For all you Jaydee fans...

doctor_of_the_bass

Allo!

Another archive shot from the old days!

I bought this bass in '99 from a chap who'd bought it from someone else etc following its sale at a charidee auction in 1988. Of all the basses I've ever owned, this was one of the very best, (and this had nothing to do with its famous connection - but being a major fan of the King it was a dream come true owning it for 4 years - had to sell it when I'd turned pro!) - stunning tone and build quality:

Mark King allegedly bought it off of one of John Diggin's work colleagues in '84 for £100! Cost me £6K

Cheers.

Allo Nicko !!!

it's ya old Northern Mucka from Sunderland.......

I remember you allowing me a quick plonk on your lovely instrument at JD's 25th Bash.... nice to see you on here mate..... did you ever get around to putting up any Youtube clips of your amazing Kingster Chops ?

Mark

Hi Mark

Hope you and all the boys up there are well and continuing to purchase high qualidee basses! I still don't have the right technology to video stuff and then if I did, the Level 42 police would probably slag me off as the last but one sixteenth note at the end of bar 13 in Love Games was slightly muffled...! :)

Mr Crazy - someone must have tagged it eh? :huh:

• 1 month later...

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' date='Sep 17 2007, 07:11 PM' post='61865']
Allo!

Another archive shot from the old days!

I bought this bass in '99 from a chap who'd bought it from someone else etc following its sale at a charidee auction in 1988. Of all the basses I've ever owned, this was one of the very best, (and this had nothing to do with its famous connection - but being a major fan of the King it was a dream come true owning it for 4 years - had to sell it when I'd turned pro!) - stunning tone and build quality:

Mark King allegedly bought it off of one of John Diggin's work colleagues in '84 for £100! Cost me £6K

Cheers.

MB1. :)
I seem to remember this was the bass Mr King donated as a prize to a competition in a guitarist magazine(before bassist magazines) the guy that won it didnt play bass and didnt really know of level 42 so it wasnt long before it was sold on.I remember this, as i went in for the competition.I got to meet Mark on the world machine tour and this was what he told me.It did cost him £100 in 84.Was this no 2?......worry not im not a member of the level 42 police!