Why become a member? ×

Marshall VBA 400 Valve amp and 4 X12 Matching Cab CAB ON HOLD

Hi All

Looking to sell this rig- by far the best sound I have ever had- goes rediculously loud- superb warm tone and more EQ than you would think once you get used to it. Works great with my jazz but even better with my Warwick Thumb.

Have gone lightweight with a mark bass / schroeder rig and for the joints my band plays cant really justify keeping the big rig.

The new lightweight rig doesnt sound anything like as good but is kinder to my back. That Marshall is heavy!!

Amp is like new- only used for 10 gigs- about 2 years old.

Cab sounds great -is built like a tank but covering ripped in places- I think it looks better that way anyhow- a bit of Mojo!!

[attachment=31471:blackber...0709_036.jpg]

Not a great photo I,m afraid but it is what it is.

Looking for £750 for the two- I know the amp is 1100 new? Cant post this- so must be local pickup or I could deliver within like 50 miles of Hull.

Edited by thumperbob 2002

[quote name='thumperbob 2002' post='579416' date='Aug 24 2009, 07:16 PM']Hi All

Looking to sell this rig- by far the best sound I have ever had- goes rediculously loud- superb warm tone and more EQ than you would think once you get used to it. Works great with my jazz but even better with my Warwick Thumb.

Have gone lightweight with a mark bass / schroeder rig and for the joints my band plays cant really justify keeping the big rig.

The new lightweight rig doesnt sound anything like as good but is kinder to my back. That Marshall is heavy!!

Amp is like new- only used for 10 gigs- about 2 years old.

Cab sounds great -is built like a tank but covering ripped in places- I think it looks better that way anyhow- a bit of Mojo!!

[attachment=31471:blackber...0709_036.jpg]

Not a great photo I,m afraid but it is what it is.

Looking for £750 for the two- I know the amp is 1100 new? Cant post this- so must be local pickup or I could deliver within like 50 miles of Hull.[/quote]

My friend might be interested in just the amp...would you split? And how much for the amp?

Thanks! Ill speak to him now.

good luck with the sale mate.

I had one of these for a long while, absolutely incredible amps!! stunning tone and more horsepower than a chevvy truck!!!

Only got rid of mine to get my rare as hell Trace head. I do miss the power of the big marshall..

Bargain n all, i paid over a grand for just the head...

[quote name='WonderHorse' post='580322' date='Aug 25 2009, 03:18 PM']Are you saying you want £100 for the cab?

If you do I'll get back to you as soon as I can mate. Bargain.

What's the impedence and watt rating?[/quote]

Its 4 ohms rated at 475w [i][/i] think- the amp is the most powerful amp I have used- probably equivalent to a 1000w solid state and the cab has no rattles or farts etc

Of course I cannot post or deliver as it is HEAVY!!

To be honest if the cab goes- and it will for that I might just keep the amp- now thats a thought.....

cheers

Bob

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='580435' date='Aug 25 2009, 05:05 PM']I too had a VBA400. Best sound ever, but had to get rid because of the weight.[/quote]

Yeah when I wasnt playing much it was fine- just that the band I`m in are becoming quite popular ( you know how it goes ) and my lightweight stuff really makes a difference at the end of the night. Still doesnt sound as good as the Marshall though.

Thanks anyway

Bob