Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot Issue

StevieD_FenderP2009

I had the same head and it is designed to fit into a rack. Mine was supplied with rack ears - I'm sure it wont' be too difficult to source a pair on here or on ebay. I very foolishly sold the head around a year ago and have just managed to find another TE (but not a Series 6 - for me, the Series 6 is when TE got it just right)

[quote name='lozbass' post='576452' date='Aug 21 2009, 10:34 AM']I had the same head and it is designed to fit into a rack. Mine was supplied with rack ears - I'm sure it wont' be too difficult to source a pair on here or on ebay. I very foolishly sold the head around a year ago and have just managed to find another TE (but not a Series 6 - for me, the Series 6 is when TE got it just right)[/quote]

Thanks mate, thats excellent
And yeah, im never going to sell my TE head, it's the best piece of equipment ive played through
Thanks very much!

No problem, and seriously, think long and hard before parting with the TE (especially a Series 6) - I know you can pick up TE amps/cabs at knock down prices but in my opinion it's classic gear. It might have a strong sonic signature but it does what it does better than anything else I've tried.

[quote name='lozbass' post='576787' date='Aug 21 2009, 03:44 PM']No problem, and seriously, think long and hard before parting with the TE (especially a Series 6) - I know you can pick up TE amps/cabs at knock down prices but in my opinion it's classic gear. It might have a strong sonic signature but it does what it does better than anything else I've tried.[/quote]

yeah mate, as i said, dont want to sell it all, just want to rack mount it with my tuner and wireless

cheers so much

[quote name='lozbass' post='577376' date='Aug 22 2009, 09:38 AM']Hi, it will fit with no problem - standard rack width is 19" and the rack ears for the TE are designed to give you a perfect fit. If I see any, I'll let you know.[/quote]

Thank you so much mate!
You're an absolute legend and thanks so much on the rack ears thing!

Thanks dude!

Thanks for the very kind words and no problem at all - you can source the rack ears (with fixing screws) in the US at British Audio Service:

[url="http://www.britishaudioservice.com/shop_main_trace.shtml"]http://www.britishaudioservice.com/shop_main_trace.shtml[/url]

They're about $20 but I think there's a minimum charge of $40 for overseas orders. I'll see if I can find anything in the UK (it should be much cheaper)

[quote name='lozbass' post='578051' date='Aug 23 2009, 09:21 AM']Thanks for the very kind words and no problem at all - you can source the rack ears (with fixing screws) in the US at British Audio Service:

[url="http://www.britishaudioservice.com/shop_main_trace.shtml"]http://www.britishaudioservice.com/shop_main_trace.shtml[/url]

They're about $20 but I think there's a minimum charge of $40 for overseas orders. I'll see if I can find anything in the UK (it should be much cheaper)[/quote]

Thanks mate, I'll bookmark that website incase i dont find any in the uk
I must stress, the bass head isnt the GP12SMX pre amp head, its the actual Series 6 GP12 head So im hoping this will work the same

Only reason i added that is because it says
"71-RACK-KIT-TE
Stainless Steel Rack Kit
Fits Most 2 Space Rack Units
Series 6, GP7SM and GP12SMX
$19.99 Pair, USD"
Which seems to me like its for the GP12SMX, But i dont know if there's any difference in the measurements?

So sorry about all the questions, ive only just got into rack mounted systems
As said, ive got the Korg DTR2000 and Dual Samson Concert 77 Wireless kits mounted into the rack, and its a 6U rack which leaves 4U for the head, apparently it takes up 2U space but i might slim down to a 4U rack as i dont think i'll be adding anything else to the rack apart from a DBX160 Compressor at some point.

Let me know what you think man!

Thanks

Hi again, I'm almost certain that the rack kit is designed to fit your Series 6. I had the same amp as you (with the rack ears) and the ears that are available via British Audio Service look to be exactly the same. It may be worth emailing the guys at BAS to check - I'm told they're extremely knowledgeable.

I'm about to receive an GP12 SMX - it's in a sleeve but if it's supplied with ears, you're welcome to them (it's very unlikely that I'll rack the amp).

Question for everyone

How would i go about connecting this lot up

2 Samson Concert 77 Wireless recievers (i want both running at the same time for quick bass change over)
1 Korg DTR 2000 Tuner
1 Trace Elliot GP12 Series 6 Head (Rack Mount Modified)

I'm guessing the 2 wirelesses into the 2 rear inputs on the tuner, then the tuner output to the passive/active input on the front of the head and the head output to the cabinets?

Let me know if im wrong!

Also, how would i go about using 2 Ashdown MAG410T cabinets at once as neither have an output on them unless i run the head into the 1/4 inch jack input on the cab then run a speakon cable from the speakon input on the cab to the speakon input on the other cab

I dunno, im fairly new to rack rigs and head/cab setups, looking to learn haha

Ps, ive added a quick pic of how i think it would go, but let me know if im wrong

Edited by StevieD_FenderP2009

[quote name='lozbass' post='578051' date='Aug 23 2009, 09:21 AM']Thanks for the very kind words and no problem at all - you can source the rack ears (with fixing screws) in the US at British Audio Service:

They're about $20 but I think there's a minimum charge of $40 for overseas orders. I'll see if I can find anything in the UK (it should be much cheaper)[/quote]
That's where I got mine. They shipped 'em on their own if I remember correctly.

[quote name='StevieD_FenderP2009' post='578681' date='Aug 23 2009, 11:41 PM']I must stress, the bass head isnt the GP12SMX pre amp head, its the actual Series 6 GP12 head So im hoping this will work the same

Only reason i added that is because it says
"71-RACK-KIT-TE
Stainless Steel Rack Kit
Fits Most 2 Space Rack Units
Series 6, GP7SM and GP12SMX
$19.99 Pair, USD"
Which seems to me like its for the GP12SMX, But i dont know if there's any difference in the measurements?[/quote]
If you look again it does actually say "Series 6" on the BAS quote so you'll be fine :)

Hi,
Lozbass bought his gp12smx from me as a sleeve mounted amp so unfortunately there are no rack ears with it, but you could always make your own,
I made some from a small sheet of 2.5mm mild steel Measured,cut, bent, drilled & sprayed black, they did the buissness in my rack setup.

Trace gear is the best in my opinion, i only sold loz my 250smx head as it was only used for practice in the bedroom, i am now looking for a little practice amp, i still use my ah600smx head for live gigs & would never sell it, it sounds awsome & i have tried Eden,Swr,Ampeg & none of those come close :)

That's fine mate, Not to worry

Thanks to LozBass especially for helping me out with all my problems, and thanks to everyone else who's helped.

Just found this on the Maplin site, It's a double 1/4 jack into a single jack connector, was thinking of using this to connect both my wirelesses to the Trace head
here's the link
[url="http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=28107&C=SO&U=strat15"]http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Module...O&U=strat15[/url]
Does anyone know if this will work/be any good? (wow, my english there was really good...)

Cheers guys!

Also, if anyone is dismantling a rack rig and has one of the rack mount 4 or 5 way plug sockets, please let me know!

Stevie.D