Why become a member? ×

VST's And Ableton Help Please

pigmaggots

Hello,

I've recently received a copy of ableton live 7 and was wondering if anyone knew of any good vst's that i could download for it(realistic sounding keyboards, violins, strings, etc).

Also, I find that as soon as I have 7 tracks going on Ableton 7(which isn't a huge amount for me), the cpu gets bogged down very quickly, making it impossible to record anything on top. How do I overcome this?

Hi mate

When i had Ableton I downloaded the Reason Demo just to try setting up VSTs in the programme. The demo limits you to 20 mins but more than enough if you know what you want and how to get it. Give it a shot!

ped

"Received"? Lol.

Lots of good orchestral plugins but the EastWest stuff is possibly the best. IK Sampletank is not a bad collection of instruments and would cover most things (including orchestral instruments).

Freezing the tracks in Live will free up some CPU cycles. Failing that, get a better PC or mix what you've got so far as best you can, export it as a single Mp3 and take that into one track on a new Live project (would be annoying though as you'd now have two project files you'd have to maintain/edit).

The best synths are things like the albino,anything rob papen does,linnplug are excellent as are any of the absyth synths.Effects wise there is some awesome filters by camelaudio,both there space and phatt modules are brilliant,the space is my favourite you can do trance gates and all that stuff on it.I have had some interesting results running a drum loop backwards in live and then putting it through various gates.Have fun.

Edited by YouMa