Why become a member? ×

Hello from Harrogate

Changles

Hey there. I've been on this forum for a couple of weeks now but neglected to do the whole introduction thing, but I have reconsidered. Better late than never yeah?
My name's Charles. I am 18, live in Harrogate, and play in a Harrogate/Leeds based pop band called Thief Taker. (www.thieftaker.co.uk if you're interested) Yes! i know it's a dumb name, hahaha!
It's good fun playing with them, it's because of them that I now play the bass. I had been a guitarist since about age 14 or 15. I never got very good. Then one day these guys asked me to come play bass for them, and that was the start of a beautiful musical journey. I've been in that band and playing bass for a year now.
Now I really don't listen to pop at all and have developed a taste for jazz, fusion, classical etc. obviously jaco and weather report and other artists of that ilk. I'm now dedicating a lot of time to improving my playing and learning the theory, and am looking into forming a jazz side project.
I play a fender jaguar bass, which i hate to say i bought cause it looked cool more than anything else. I'm not all that keen on it. But currently Mike Walsh of Iceni/Zoot is making me a bass, which I look forward to. I really like Hartke amps - don't cost a fortune and sound pretty good. I play the LH500 head through a 115 hydrive cab.

Thanks for having me Bass chat!

[quote name='Changles' post='568502' date='Aug 13 2009, 11:05 PM']Hey there. I've been on this forum for a couple of weeks now but neglected to do the whole introduction thing, but I have reconsidered. Better late than never yeah?
My name's Charles. I am 18, live in Harrogate, and play in a Harrogate/Leeds based pop band called Thief Taker. (www.thieftaker.co.uk if you're interested) Yes! i know it's a dumb name, hahaha!
It's good fun playing with them, it's because of them that I now play the bass. I had been a guitarist since about age 14 or 15. I never got very good. Then one day these guys asked me to come play bass for them, and that was the start of a beautiful musical journey. I've been in that band and playing bass for a year now.
Now I really don't listen to pop at all and have developed a taste for jazz, fusion, classical etc. obviously jaco and weather report and other artists of that ilk. I'm now dedicating a lot of time to improving my playing and learning the theory, and am looking into forming a jazz side project.
I play a fender jaguar bass, which i hate to say i bought cause it looked cool more than anything else. I'm not all that keen on it. But currently Mike Walsh of Iceni/Zoot is making me a bass, which I look forward to. I really like Hartke amps - don't cost a fortune and sound pretty good. I play the LH500 head through a 115 hydrive cab.

Thanks for having me Bass chat![/quote]
Welcome, Charles.
I know what you mean about the Fender Jaguar, I thought the same but I didn't buy one!

Cheers,

Rhino.
(Aerodyne Jazz bass and Ampeg Portabass 250 amp with 2 x 10" cabinet)