Why become a member? ×

little help please :D

darbs

bassically i was in the studio the other week and i did my day of recordin then didint go back ith my band....in a breakdown to one of our dongs the engineer decided to use some crazy effect on my bass. my problem is is that i have no clue what effect he has used and the guitards didnt think to ask haha....i have a GT10b so i dont think i would have a problem emulating the effect. [url="http://www.myspace.com/thisisachaostheory"]http://www.myspace.com/thisisachaostheory[/url] its on the song called confusion and it starts at 1.37....any help would be a massively appriciated :):D

Sorry man, you haven't got a chance of emulating that proper with a multi, soundls like some crazy studio bitcrushing processing, only pedals I can think that would get close are a WMD geiger counter or a maybe something sequencable like a Pitch/Mod Factor (both by eventide) with some dirt and maybe a filter, but those are serious investments for one song (Geiger counter's £200+)

Cool song.

It's been a while since I messed about with my GT6B and I assume the GT10B has much the same effects (+ more). I'm guessing the filter you're using is Phaser on the "step" setting, but if I were you instead of distortion I'd add instead a mild amount of the ring modulator (use it's "intelligent" setting). You'll need to play with the parameters, and the effect ordering, but I think you'll get very close for a live performance.

Good luck.

[quote name='Protium' post='569448' date='Aug 14 2009, 08:26 PM']How was the Frodsham gig? Didn't know the Bears was doing bands...[/quote]

it was alright but they had like an 11 o'clcok curfue or summert like that.....i was doin like 90% of the singin tho cause our singer was on holiday but they seemed to enjoy it...

Its been a while since I used it, but I think it resembles a patch that was on my old Zoom multi fx. Alien something or other. It has been a while since I used it because I broke it, but I think it was similar to that. It sounds a lot like some sort of bit crusher effect as well. Experiment a bit I say.

Zach

[quote name='Jarhead' post='569588' date='Aug 14 2009, 10:50 PM']Its been a while since I used it, but I think it resembles a patch that was on my old Zoom multi fx. Alien something or other. It has been a while since I used it because I broke it, but I think it was similar to that. It sounds a lot like some sort of bit crusher effect as well. Experiment a bit I say.

Zach[/quote]

plus the one

sounds like a zoom step wah to me - it was on most of their rack units and some of their multi-fx pedals iirc.

• 2 weeks later...

if i'm honest...the ring mod is workin just fine...experimented with diff distortion and even tryin to add abitta T- wah but decided against it...i'm bassically usin the gt10b floorboard program and lovin how much bullshit effects i am comin up with...so long as i aget summert like i'm thinkin it should be orate!