Why become a member? ×

Boss ODB-3

Guest MoJo

I've seen several threads on this forum where the ODB-3 is dismissed as fizzy or fuzzy and quite often they get offered up for sale or trade, in fact there's one in the for sale section now. I saw this [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7rZWOvG7jA"]this clip on YouTube[/url] and thought 'Wow....I want one'

In the (recent) past, I've owned a Hartke Bass Attack pedal which I quite liked, a Behringer BOD100 which I hated, a James Lomenzo Hyperdrive pedal which I thought was pants, and a Tech21 VT bass pedal which I wasn't impressed with. I also had a Roland GT-6B which had an emulation of an ODB-3 but sounded nothing like the clip above,

Is that how an ODB-3 sounds or is there something else going on in there? And what bass is that?

Please help me before I waste any more money

I used mine as a low end boost and low end distortion IE I blended it with another distortion which I used for my top end. I can't listen to the clip so can't comment on that, but basically if you want lots of gain/distortion/fuzz then it's not for you, likewise if you want it to increase your top end, it's not the pedal for you. This is why people call it Fizzy etc, because they have the gain too high and the treble knob too high.

Edited by cheddatom

[quote name='iamapirate' post='565076' date='Aug 10 2009, 03:24 PM']They didn't even give a dry sound to compare it with.[/quote]

You get an idea of how the bass sounds dry [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWmk-PIy4xg&feature=related"]here[/url] on the sound check test of the limiter/exciter pedal