Why become a member? ×

Warwick custom shop Vampyre NT5 - It's here

kevcooke

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='60096' date='Sep 13 2007, 08:39 PM']Mmmm - wood! Nice bit of quilt there.

Thats a real rockers bass but in those pictures I do believe you are slapping it![/quote]

I intend to do a lot with it... solo bass with pretty harmonics, tapping, chordal fingerstyle work and strumming, i intend to use it in my band www.myspace.com/terrapintrainstation and in my jazz trio. Perhaps not metal though...

It is beautiful indeed! :)

Took it's time didn't it Kev ? I almost felt like I was waiting for it myself !

I had my doubts when you first said you wanted a Vampyre, thought it was a bit stereo-typed to the metal genre but it's much more versatile after hearing Seth's work.

There was the Sandbergs, then Yamaha TRB JP, then Vampyre then Katana and then back to the Vampyre !

I hope it was worth the wait and does you justice :).

Nice bass, there!

Have you got coil taps running on either or both Twin Js? If so, which coils are operational, front or rear?
What's the JJ like in the neck position?

(I own an Infinity SN 4, which has the "Dolphin-esque" J/JJ arrangement, like the "normal" Vamps...)

In the Infinity, the neck coil of the bridge pick-up is soloed in single coil mode...