Why become a member? ×

Denmark Street

Happy Jack

[quote name='Stacker' post='579806' date='Aug 25 2009, 07:45 AM']Wow, interesting. I've been wary of their spam ever since I encountered their sales guys in the Leeds shop back in the early '90s. That aside, I wonder how much they actually pay for the goodies they seem to acquire; they can't all be commissions.[/quote]
Offered my £200 for an '85 MIJ tokai flying vee (inc flight case) which would have sold in the shop for £600+ without the case. iirc I sold it privately for £550 the following week via loot

I bought a banjo a couple of months ago from the Chris Bryant shop on the corner. I cant say they had much in the way of bass stock but I was really happy with the service in there.
didnt feel pressured at all, was welcomed to try whatever I fancied and had a pretty good deal on the banjo with hardcase...
I found Wunjos to be quite welcoming but the other shops were awful. When I was younger I always fancied working in a guitar shop- thank God I didn't as I bet I'd end up like one of those cynical grumpy b*ggers. Their hearts must sink when they hear some songs for the umpteenth time!

[quote name='Stu-khag' post='583708' date='Aug 28 2009, 04:18 PM']I bought a banjo a couple of months ago from the Chris Bryant shop on the corner. I cant say they had much in the way of bass stock but I was really happy with the service in there.
didnt feel pressured at all, was welcomed to try whatever I fancied and had a pretty good deal on the banjo with hardcase...
I found Wunjos to be quite welcoming but the other shops were awful. When I was younger I always fancied working in a guitar shop- thank God I didn't as I bet I'd end up like one of those cynical grumpy b*ggers. Their hearts must sink when they hear some songs for the umpteenth time![/quote]
They're not too bad actually.