Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Double Bass for sale 3/4 size

AxelF

Sadly I'm being forced to sell more basses, so up for sale is a 3/4 size double bass. I know virtually nothing about double basses, so please excuse the basic info - if anyone can tell any more by looking please chip in, or anyone is more than welcome to come and give it a try, I'm based in Manchester but I can also get it to Stafford/Birmingham/Leicester if that would be easier.

I think it's a laminate, the label inside says 'made in Czechoslovakia' other than that I'm not too sure I'm afraid. It's just back from a local luthier who has given it a full setup, including a brand new bridge, soundpost and set of Tomastik Superflexible steel rope core strings, which has made a huge difference and it sounds and plays beautifully.

She's been well played over the years and isn't the prettiest of things - a previous owner decided to put a sticker on her which has been removed, but it sounds fantastic and would make an ideal instrument for anyone new to upright, or who wants to give DB a go.

Price is £550, including a Ritter padded gig bag for easy transport. Would really need to be collection due to bulk and fragility, though will ship at buyers expense if required. PM is probably easiest form of contact initially, thanks for looking

**Also for sale is a K & K Sounds Double Bass twin pick up system, the Bass Master Pro. Two separate piezo pickup systems with pre-amp allowing you to blend the two signals together as you like. For sale [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=56676"]here[/url]**

Edited by AxelF

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...