Why become a member? ×

FS/FT EBMM Bongo 5 mint/as new pics added

nobodysprefect

Thinning the herd, part n. Got this from fullie in trade for the Skjold and since this doesn't look like an old lady's stained tea table am looking to sell.

Has the usual features, with two MM humbuckers and 4-band eq: you get a ton of useful tones!
Quite ergonomic despite the looks. Comes with an EBMM hard case, in exc+/mint condition.

Asking GBP1100. Would be happy to trade down, esp for fenders and warwicks.

Will add pics later today, when I get home.

Edited by nobody's prefect

pm replied

I might add that I would have to discount some basses severely when working out a trade value. If a bass is of a brand that is notoriously hard to sell, I'm probably not interested unless you're prepared to practically give it away. OTOH the list price for a bongo 5 at Thomann is GBP1775 and that's not in this finish. [s]I think the medallion gold is now out of production.[/s] Apparently it's NOT medallion gold?

Edited by nobody's prefect

Hah, I can't seem to get the details on Leo Fender -assiociated instruments right! When I sold a Jazz Bass locally, someone phoned me to let me know that the topic in the for sale ad were the exact words that make up the name of a custom shop USA fender! Who'd have thought that describing <bass type: J or P> <the year on which it's specs are based> <it's invented by marketing department> or 'Jazz Bass 62 re-issue' would actually mis-represent the goods for sale!!!

Anyways, strikethrough'd the probable misrepresentation, and thanks for the wishings of luck! :)