Why become a member? ×

Ciao from Coventry

CathalOC

Hello basschat

I have been playing bass for about 15 years and I really love it. I have played in various bands over the years one serious originals band we kept it going for about seven years and then called it a day in 2004. Since then I have been busy with home recording and occasional just-for-fun-bass-playing. Have not done much in recent years due to retraining, new career and moving here from Ireland.

I am on the verge of trading my OLP 5 String for a sturdy, reliable, affordable 4 string (not sure what to go for) and just before I took it to the local guitar shop a friend told me about basschat and convinced me to register.

I haven't got a clue about gear really so I am looking forward to learning from all of you! I don't use forums either so please excuse me if I have made a mess of this post.

all the best

Cathal in Coventry

Hello Mate!

I'm from Cov, but I moved away in 1982. Never been back. I doubt I would recognise it!

You'll have a good old time on here. Since I joined over a year ago, I have learned SO MUCH about my craft, met many lovely people, had some cracking debates and bought and sold some great kit.

Far and away the best forum of any sort I've ever been a member of. Welcome home :)

[quote name='silddx' post='553814' date='Jul 28 2009, 12:26 PM']BTW, what sort of money are you looking at for a four string? New or S/H? There are LOADS for sale on here so give us an idea of your preferences.[/quote]

Cheers for the welcome! A funny coincidence that you are from Cov, too!

As for the money side of things - times are hard etc, etc so I was hoping for either a straight trade with my 5 string but I could rustle up £50 or £60 on top that if I found a good 4 string. I had been looking at cheap, new guitars. I have nothing against S/H, just didn't really know where to look.
I shall peruse what's available here - thanks for the tip!

welcome to the party :) our official meeter and greeter will be along shortly :rolleyes:

i think youl find all the information you need right here! everyone is really happy to help with problems, finding the right gear etc.

enjoy!

Edited by funkypenguin

[quote name='CathalOC' post='553831' date='Jul 28 2009, 12:38 PM']Cheers for the welcome! A funny coincidence that you are from Cov, too!

As for the money side of things - times are hard etc, etc so I was hoping for either a straight trade with my 5 string but I could rustle up £50 or £60 on top that if I found a good 4 string. I had been looking at cheap, new guitars. I have nothing against S/H, just didn't really know where to look.
I shall peruse what's available here - thanks for the tip![/quote]

There are quite few folks on here from or in Cov I believe.

Trades are popular at the moment so I'd have a butcher's at the For Sale section.

Cheers!