Why become a member? ×

JV Squire Precision

richy316

I've just found this on Ebay, don't know what your thoughts are about it? There are a few things that are bothering me into persuing the auction.

1. The seller was told it was assembled in Mexico? when it has a Made in Japan on the headstock and the serial no checks out too
2. Then theres the zero feedback is the seller trust worthy?

Maybe i should email him about the zero feedback?

[quote name='richy316' post='58426' date='Sep 10 2007, 08:29 PM']I've just found this on Ebay, don't know what your thoughts are about it? There are a few things that are bothering me into persuing the auction.

1. The seller was told it was assembled in Mexico? when it has a Made in Japan on the headstock and the serial no checks out too
2. Then theres the zero feedback is the seller trust worthy?

Maybe i should email him about the zero feedback?[/quote]

The absolute bottom line is that zero feedback is a pretty strong guarantee of a likely problem, unless that is you can collect and pay in person. Even then, remember that if you do go to collect and the bass is crap (and you therefore don't buy it), an ebay newbie might well leave you some nasty negative feedback.
That particular listing strikes me either as an idiot or as someone clever pretenting to be an idiot
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='58549' date='Sep 11 2007, 07:34 AM']The absolute bottom line is that zero feedback is a pretty strong guarantee of a likely problem, unless that is you can collect and pay in person. Even then, remember that if you do go to collect and the bass is crap (and you therefore don't buy it), an ebay newbie might well leave you some nasty negative feedback.
That particular listing strikes me either as an idiot or as someone clever pretenting to be an idiot
Chris[/quote]

Not too many red flags on this one to be honest - it's not a 1 day listing, the account wasn't created the day the auction started, it's not a private listing, a scammer would be bigging up the JV thing in the description, taking Paypal ONLY (no dodgy "email me for payment instructions" pish).

And the fact that Squier is spelled correctly is a bonus :)

I think it's worth emailing for better pics etc to gauge the response. Any squirming (it's already packed/camera not working/etc.) - leave well alone.

Edited by neepheid

I'm probably being way too cynical, but I'd tread extremely warily as well. Just the zero feedback warrants a certain amount of caution anyway.

It just seems a little odd that he's coming over as if he knows nothing about the bass , yet has taken advice from someone who also knows nothing (Mexico FFS) but still knows the serial number will identify it. And still hasn't bothered to check the net for any of the wealth of info out there.

It could just be an idiot, but I'd ask for more [i]specific[/i] pictures and ask about cash on pickup.

Edited by Musky

Well i emailed the guy and asked him about the mexican assembly and also the zero feedback, first of he sounded a little narked at why i would question his feedback but he answered with an expected reply "its the first sale i've ever done, but i've bought loads from ebay before" So why not use the same account?

Then he said that when he bought the Bass the old owner said that it might have been assembled in mexico, but as somebody here has said why did'nt he do a bit of research before listing?

Anyway he asked me if i was still interested because he had another interested buyer, OHHH before i could reply to that message he had removed it from auction!