Why become a member? ×

Cab for Hartke 3500

soundbass

I am looking to upgrade my Bass Head and am considering the Hartke 3500 as an option as I have heard many great reviews of this Amp.

Would this suit my Ashdown Mag 210T and Ashdown Mag 115 ?

What other Cabs would you recommend ?

For ease of transportation I would prefer not to use a 1 x 4 speaker Cab and would rather use 2 x 2 speaker Cabs.

There's no reason at all that the Hartke wouldn't go with your Ashdown cabs, it actually sounds like pairing them together would make a classy rig! If you were to replace them though - have you a rough idea of how much you'd like to spend? Also, what sort of music would you be using them for?

Danny

[quote name='acidbass' post='542812' date='Jul 17 2009, 12:38 AM']There's no reason at all that the Hartke wouldn't go with your Ashdown cabs, it actually sounds like pairing them together would make a classy rig! If you were to replace them though - have you a rough idea of how much you'd like to spend? Also, what sort of music would you be using them for?

Danny[/quote]

Thanks for the help , I guess the sale of the existing 2 Ashdown cabs and additional funds would leave approximately £400 for replacement cab. I guess I would have to consider 1 cab and maybe a 1 x 4 speaker setup unless I can find 2 cabs with 2 speakers.

The band I am in play original music mixture of styles ranging from, pop, indie style, light rock ballads.

Edited by soundbass

[quote name='neepheid' post='542826' date='Jul 17 2009, 01:32 AM']I use a Hartke 3500 into an Ashdown ABM 4x10. I like the sound, and it has got compliments at gigs, but it's all personal preference.[/quote]

I ran that same rig for a couple of years and it worked out really well. I miss the 410 sometimes but I don't miss carrying it.