Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Warwick Streamer Stage II (5 string)

lozbass

Following a dreadful recent rehearsal - final confirmation that I can no longer cope with long scale (other than on the skinniest of 4 string necks) - my Warwick Streamer Stage II (5 string) is up for sale. Don't get me wrong, if I could play this, I would keep it. I won't go into detail as anybody with even a half-serious interest will know what the bass is and what it can do. Just a few comments:

Bought by me around 3 months ago in unused condition (came from an acoustic guitarist - the bass was bought for 'a change' then never used)
Just 2 years old and in entirely perfect, as new and unmarked condition
Beautiful grain pattern in the body - certainly one of the most (possibly the most) attractive Streamers I've seen
Set up and re-strung (beautifully) a few weeks ago by Ged Green - an authorised Warwick agent - with Elixirs
I'd estimate less than 15 hours playing time in total since the bass was built
Super low action - fabulous growl and massive output etc. etc.
Comes with Warwick Premium Gig Bag (again, in perfect condition)

In all, a stunning bass in perfect condition - this looks like a new bass (and a very nice example of the model)

Price is £1300 firm - this is around 50% of the new (discounted) price

There are lots of photographs - my apologies for the quality ('might do a bit of weeding later). Collection is preferred (I'd like any prospective purchaser to try the bass - I'd be massively surprised if anybody was disappointed) but I can ship with full insurance and at the buyers cost

Edited by lozbass

Was this the one that happened to be on Ebay a while back? I remember asking the seller to send me high res close ups. The bass looked absolutely factory fresh.
This is a great price too! The one Warwick model I haven't owned yet....... :)

[quote name='jmanfunk' post='542315' date='Jul 16 2009, 03:27 PM']Was this the one that happened to be on Ebay a while back? I remember asking the seller to send me high res close ups. The bass looked absolutely factory fresh.
This is a great price too! The one Warwick model I haven't owned yet....... :)[/quote]

Hi, it was the ebay one and it is factory fresh (my fifteen minutes worth of tuneless fumbling haven't sullied the original state). Indeed, I spent a good few bob on the bass when it came in - it hadn't been used but the strings were absolutely dead (they'd been on for 18 months): the Streamer's now wearing a lovely set of brand new Elixirs, is set-up to perfection (for me anyway) and has Dunlop straplocks. The original straplocks are included of course. The bass has also been professionally waxed and I've given it a couple of waxings subsequently (it was a bit dry when it came to me and the wax brought out the grain beautifully).

Edited by lozbass

If I was a Warwick player I would be on this, great bass!

One of my basses is with Ged this week, he showed me some of his work, niiiice, well worth considering if you are mancunian and need work doing

Good luck with the sale

Tony

Hi Tony, Jmanfunk - thanks - I'll get some photographs up asap (caveat here - my photography skills are a bit dodgy). Ged (Green) is a star - some superb work on a few of my basses over the years - certainly one of the best luthiers around

[quote name='jmanfunk' post='543103' date='Jul 17 2009, 12:11 PM']That grain pattern is exquisite. And nothing wrong with your photography skills Loz! If I can shift my Sei bass, I might be severely tempted :) Oh the gas.[/quote]

Hi Jmanfunk - thanks for the compliments - I got a bit luckier than normal with the camera today!

I know a bit about GAS, mine reached critical levels in the last year and I've got to clear out the basses I can't or don't play

Hi all, thanks again for all the comments and pm's (all replied to). I've added a photograph of the inside of the control cavity (as requested), and an image of the front of the Bass Centre branded Warwick premium gig bag

[quote name='4000' post='544830' date='Jul 19 2009, 06:12 PM']Stunning bass Loz, sad to see you're selling. For those unaware (probably not many!) Loz is a gent of the highest order.[/quote]
Hi 4000 - thanks - the respect is absolutely mutual! I'll respond to your last PM very soon - work is driving me crazy

Oh...and despite a lot of interest, the bass is still here...