Why become a member? ×

Spear S2-5 Singlecut-TRADED.

Ruairidh

I have for sale a beautiful Spear bass that i purchased in December last year.

It has an 18v active pre-amp with all the tone knobs to make it sound however you would like it to sound. It also has a passive switch if your after a more laid back tone too. Which is useful should your batteries die on stage.

The body, neck and headstock dont have a scratch on them. The neck pickup has a slight bit of wear under the E string-this doesnt effect the tone.

£200 + P&P.

Regards Ruairidh.

Edited by Ruairidh

[quote name='Machines' post='545628' date='Jul 20 2009, 07:14 PM']Wow that's really nice - and I don't like singlecuts ![/quote]

I'm really interested in this. But It would mean selling one of my basses. I'll have a serious think about this one. PM if it sells.

[quote name='gnasher1993' post='546758' date='Jul 21 2009, 05:25 PM']Argh, you're killing me here, I want this so much. Is that £200 posted?[/quote]

Note that the price won't go any lower, as i'd rather keep it for sentimentality reasons than see it go for a stupid price.

The buyer would pay the postage & packing.

It would be between £15/£20 based on my previous experience of shipping basses.

RPM

Edited by Ruairidh

[quote name='edstraker123' post='547261' date='Jul 22 2009, 07:42 AM']Hi - what's going on with the G string in the photo's ?

Regards,
Ed.[/quote]

It was a schoolboy error basically. It has thru-body stringing and when i went to cut the strings to fit and restrings the bass, id cut the G about .5cm too short to go through the body. Luckily iv replaced the string since then. It does look a bit daft in the picture, but there is nothing wrong with the thru-body stringing bridge.

RPM

• 2 weeks later...

The spear has been traded for the nice maple necked tony levin.

The low B on these basses isn't as tight as it would be if it was a 35'' but its not 'floppy' in anyway. I assume its the sheer amount of wood that helps the B maintain its low rumble.

I'm sad to see it go!

RPM

Edited by Ruairidh