Why become a member? ×

Good eventide

completecontrol

Hello all,

I'm Alex, bass player in local punk cover band Complete Control. I play Ricky (main bass). Fender Jazz S1 (number 2 for when the punters are too rowdy) and Precision for less trebly stuff. I play through a Line 6 400 HD with Ashdown 1 x 15 and 2 x10 superfly cabs (i only have a small car!!)

My sound is best described as trebly with a hint of drive a la Bruce Foxton and JJ Burnel. Hence the Ricky and Jazz set through SVT modelling with treble and hi mid up high and compressor up around half.

Hit them strings hard and precise and drive the band along.

see [url="http://www.completecontrol77.co.uk"]Band site[/url] for the band site

[quote name='crez5150' post='536902' date='Jul 10 2009, 12:04 AM']I thought this thread was going to be about the Harmoniser......[/quote]

Likewise! There was a studio near here that had one of these dating back from the early 90's (or earlier?). I remember them being an outrageously costly...

Jennifer

[quote name='Zoe_BillySheehan' post='536920' date='Jul 10 2009, 12:24 AM']Welcome to basschat!

wow, ur band cover some amazing bands :)

ur screen name refering to a clash song??

Z
x[/quote]

Yes, we used to be called Full English but we started to attract some right wing types cause we come from BNP heartland.

Being anti facist the name change kicked in. in honour of my fave band. We do a mean version of said song.

[quote name='completecontrol' post='537399' date='Jul 10 2009, 06:28 PM']Yes, we used to be called Full English but we started to attract some right wing types cause we come from BNP heartland.

Being anti facist the name change kicked in. in honour of my fave band. We do a mean version of said song.[/quote]

Yeah,
we had a bit of trouble when i was in a band called 'B-Movie Britz'
Well.. the person sayin crap about it was the singer from Sham 69.

but cool :) i'd like to see you guys one day.
i'll keep an eye on ur gig dates.

Z
x