Why become a member? ×

Tommy Flynns - Camden

Linus27

Played there last December Michael. Very good (Irish) venue and we were well received. We were asked to play there again next month but unfortunately our singer is getting married (selfish).

It's a really good venue for originals bands as well too apparently. Toilets are a bit rubbish though and someone spilt a pnt all over my shoes.

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='536427' date='Jul 9 2009, 01:29 PM']Played there last December Michael. Very good (Irish) venue and we were well received. We were asked to play there again next month but unfortunately our singer is getting married (selfish).

It's a really good venue for originals bands as well too apparently. Toilets are a bit rubbish though and someone spilt a pnt all over my shoes.[/quote]

Thanks Nick. How big is the venue/stage and do they have their own back line or take your own?

We played there last year on a weekday evening - bit quiet TBH (we were competing with Euro 2008). Small stage (basically the corner of the pub) which isn't a problem for us as we are a trio. We used the supplied backline which wasn't the best (Ashdown bass combo IIRC) so I would bring your own. Overall was a pretty good night but there are plenty of nearby venues I prefer (eg, Bull & Gate, Purple Turtle).

[quote name='Clarky' post='536437' date='Jul 9 2009, 01:42 PM']We played there last year on a weekday evening - bit quiet TBH (we were competing with Euro 2008). Small stage (basically the corner of the pub) which isn't a problem for us as we are a trio. We used the supplied backline which wasn't the best (Ashdown bass combo IIRC) so I would bring your own. Overall was a pretty good night but there are plenty of nearby venues I prefer (eg, Bull & Gate, Purple Turtle).[/quote]

Thanks Clarky. Is there actually a small stage or just on the floor in the corner. There are five of us also.

[quote name='Linus27' post='536436' date='Jul 9 2009, 01:42 PM']Thanks Nick. How big is the venue/stage and do they have their own back line or take your own?[/quote]

We took our own backline Michael as think their gear they supply is pretty ropey.

The stage area was smallish and I ended up with the drummer's hi hat just in front of my nose (joys). Still, the crowd were good and it was our first gig in that part of London for ages.

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='536442' date='Jul 9 2009, 01:45 PM']We took our own backline Michael as think their gear they supply is pretty ropey.

The stage was smallish and I ended up with the drummer's hi hat just in front of my nose (joys). Still, the crowd were good and it was our first gig in that part of London for ages.[/quote]

Cool, thanks Nick.

[quote name='Clarky' post='536449' date='Jul 9 2009, 01:51 PM']Its definitely a raised stage as I recall being distracted mid-song several times, looking over people's heads at the TV screens showing the footie![/quote]

HAHAHA I've done that at a gig but I think it was something less interesting like Coronation Street or Friends :)

How about 93 Feet East? Anyone played there??

Edited by Linus27

I played there last year, a few weeks after Clarky by the sound of things. I thought the backline was fairly decent - Marshall/Trace. There was a Marshall stack there as well, though that was playing up apparently. I thought the venue had supplied the gear, but maybe it was the promoter.

Not played at 93 Feet East but it must have about 600 capacity and has a nice decent sized stage. From a punters point of view it's a quality place.

Edited by Musky