Why become a member? ×

Zoot Performer

Pickup only from South Wales, but this [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Zoot-Performer-Electric-Bass-Guitar-Lovely-Natural-Wood_W0QQitemZ230355143169"]Zoot[/url] looks rather nice. Don't know what a good price is but they seem to have reasonable reports on BC from searching.

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='536005' date='Jul 8 2009, 09:12 PM']There's another Zoot on eBay at the moment i think.

Btw, stop flagging them up, i'm after a bargain! :) :rolleyes:[/quote]
:lol: Maybe I should wait until they finish and the winners could identify themselves!

I think the Chasers and Performers were about £900 new and they don't hold their value all that well. The deluxe customs are a little better for that, mine was around £750 2nd hand but that's pretty much top spec and the dealer i bought it off paid under £600 for it

Looks like the owner of the Performer in the listing has had a go at "restoration" on the ash body though. The price is still great though, i doubt you'd get a better bass for that much cash

I was set on trading or selling mine but i was jamming some Stevie Wonder with the boys the other night and it's starting to persuade me otherwise! Were you thinking of having a punt on this one?

I thought about it as I like the shape - should probably try one first though :) That other one looks rather nice as well, though I must admit the through neck on yours looks good.

Don't know why I am looking though, it's a fretless I want first!

I just got outbid on this one:

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200359389640"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=200359389640[/url]

Proper custom for £400, barts and aguilar pre

Missus comes over in final minute of bidding, asks for me to look for fancy dress stuff for her. After hurriedly closing down this window i lost out by £9

Guest BassKS

looks good too. Almost bought Wes Finns zoot after I thought I m selling all my basses but one of the deals didnt go through so couldnt raise the cash.
This for 351 is a steal. OBP-3 is 130 quid and the pups at least 130... its silly really.
If you ever want to sell your bass let me know. Ill trade you for a stingray and cash :-)....

Feel free to bid on it, i bid very casualy nowadays cos i've got to sell my Warmoth and don't want loads of basses. I'd rather this go to someone from here, if only so i can snatch it at a later date!

I think my Zoot will be staying with me now

Wesfinn's bass is an absolute bargain, if my Warmoth goes i'll be having a serious look at that if it's still there

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update on this:

I messaged the seller to say it would go if he was willing to post. Seems like a decent guy, it's re-listed and ends today
He says he will post and the price is now down to £299 + £25 postage, absolute steal and someone off here should definitely buy it.

Then sell it to me when i have the money

Ta all
Steve

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='543137' date='Jul 17 2009, 12:41 PM']Quick update on this:

I messaged the seller to say it would go if he was willing to post. Seems like a decent guy, it's re-listed and ends today
He says he will post and the price is now down to £299 + £25 postage, absolute steal and someone off here should definitely buy it.

Then sell it to me when i have the money

Ta all
Steve[/quote]

would he have sold it for £299 or was there a reserve?

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='543988' date='Jul 18 2009, 02:20 PM']Pretty sure the £299 is the starting bid, no reserve. The guy wants to move it on

Mex Fender money for a luthier built bass, the build quality on my Zoot really is impeccable, this bass is a steal![/quote]
+1 my Zoot is awesome too, but couldn't let it go for that! :)

These Performers are fantastic. They were manufactured in Japan to Iceni's specs. (not to be confused with the latest performer model which were hand built in essex) they came out as best buy in bass guitar and guitar buyer. £299 is a steal for this. The necks on these feel fantastic!

• 3 weeks later...