Why become a member? ×

Feeler - Rickenbacker 4003 Blueburst

faceman

I'm debating selling my Rickenbacker, but I'm not fully decided yet. My current band's sound doesn't really suit the Rickenbacker so I'm thinking about selling. It's a 2007 Rickenbacker 4003 in a beautiful blue-burst colour that I purchased for £1,500 only a few months ago. It's got two small dings on the headstock but beyond that, it's is in tip top condition. I've got a casual photo of it but if there is interest, I will post more.

[attachment=28508:4970_901...857783_n.jpg]

I'm open to trades on this one, something along the lines

* MusicMan StingRay (maybe pre-EB? not five strings, I love sunburst too!)

* Fender Precision Bass (American Vintage?)

* Anything cool really! A friend described my band as "an amalgamation of 80's pop ideas into a modern, relevant sound", very pretentious of course so anything that fits 80s synth-pop-new wave-music!

I'd be looking for around £1,300 cash too :)

-seb

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='535849' date='Jul 8 2009, 05:06 PM']Nice - for some reason, to me the only bass that looks good in blue is one of these![/quote]

Yeah you're right, I'm not a fan of blue either, but that looks very tasty.

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='536077' date='Jul 8 2009, 10:49 PM']Thats a lovely bucket!

The Rick looks nice too!

Have a bump![/quote]

The Bucket is a long story, basically we do an avant-garde cover of Money (That's What I Want), like the 80s Flying Lizards version and it seemed a good idea (at the time of course) to have a bucket with spoons as percussion. It works well, sounds good and everyone in the band thinks I'm mad. He is known as Boris The Blue affectionally!

Thanks for all the offers so far but there has been nothing to tempt me yet!

Seb