Why become a member? ×

Alu Kramer XL9

ape

Some pics of my Kramer XL9, unfortunately the quality is rubbish as they were taken ages ago on a camera phone, I'll take some more from my proper camera soon and post them> I've never seen another one of these other than on the Kramer forum. It will more than likely going up for sale in the sale section soon too so anybody interested let me know.

[quote name='ape' post='535022' date='Jul 7 2009, 06:55 PM']Some pics of my Kramer XL9, unfortunately the quality is rubbish as they were taken ages ago on a camera phone, I'll take some more from my proper camera soon and post them> I've never seen another one of these other than on the Kramer forum. It will more than likely going up for sale in the sale section soon too so anybody interested let me know.

[/quote]

Cool bass. what are all the knobs and switches for?
How much are you asking?
Is the neck straight?

Considering how chunky and heavy the Kramer aluminium necks are you'd have thought so.

However they do bend slightly over time. My 450B has a bit more relief than I would normally like. Unfortunately the only way to fix them is to ship them off to one of a couple of people in the US who have the correct equipment that will allow them to slowly bend the neck back into the correct profile without either popping off the ebanol fingerboard or the two wood inserts in the back of the neck. The process isn't cheap either!

Hi, the pots themselves are fine its just the plastic knobs, they were never very sturdy unfortunately. The neck seems nice and straight to me and plays well, its only issues really are that obviously 3 of the knobs are missing, there's a small mark in the lacquer near the control plate if I remember rightly and the biggest issue but fairly simple is that the wire for the 9 volt battery snapped at some point so is now taped back together but just needs a new normal 9 volt battery clip and wire soldering back to the bored, unfortunately I don not have a decent soldering iron myself. I also have the original flight case but has been kept and my mum and dads and unfortunately they are smokers. I asked about a price earlier in another thread, which the kind person from Notts gave me some advice on, I wouldn't really part for it for any less than £500 to be honest as for its age its in excellent condition other than the minor details mentioned. Your more than welcome to drop by and come and have a look at it and have a play if your interested in it. I live in Notts.

[quote name='BigRedX' post='535055' date='Jul 7 2009, 07:42 PM']Considering how chunky and heavy the Kramer aluminium necks are you'd have thought so.

However they do bend slightly over time. My 450B has a bit more relief than I would normally like. Unfortunately the only way to fix them is to ship them off to one of a couple of people in the US who have the correct equipment that will allow them to slowly bend the neck back into the correct profile without either popping off the ebanol fingerboard or the two wood inserts in the back of the neck. The process isn't cheap either![/quote]
Really? seems the whole aluminium neck wasn't really worth it! no wonder it didn't catch on like graphite has.

Oh I just realised I missed out answering alembic's question, the knobs and switches seem to do alsorts its a bit strange. obviously you've got volume, bass mid and trebble on the main knobs, the chicken head switch seems to be a contour but that only does anything when one of the other switches is on. The thing is just when I think I've got it figured out you flick a switch and then that will change something else. I've owned it years and still dont understand it all lol.