Why become a member? ×

Acme B2 SOLD

After gigging with it for a year, now it's time to pass it on. This is a very loud cab that can handle most gigs, from quiet pubs to outdoor marquee type gigs.

Specs below:
Model: Acme Low B-2 Series II
Frequency response: +/-3 dB 41Hz to 22 kHz -6 dB at 31 Hz
Power Handling: 350 Watts RMS continuous
300 Watts sine wave @ 30.87 Hz
Sensitivity: 93 dB 1W/1M
Dimensions: 23"H x 15.75"W x 16.5"D
Weight: 50 lbs / 23.2 kg
4ohms

I'm looking to get £400 for it.

[b]See pics below, only the cab is for sale. [/b]

Edited by davidmpires

Mine is in Sevenoaks, Kent. But it travels very often to London.

You can always cancel that order and get mine. :)

Hi Rowbee

Thanks man I have been lurking around for some time and started posting about a month ago.

You too can now be the happy new owner of a lovely Acme B2 :rolleyes:

David

[quote name='Finbar' post='541531' date='Jul 15 2009, 06:55 PM']How did I not see this before? Would have loved it.[/quote]

Actually wouldnt mind trying one of these again myself.. or more so the B4!!

I tried a B2 out many years ago when I still owned an SVT2 and Hartke cabs. I remember it sounding great then.. I see you have an F1 too. How do they pair? I suspect it's a great clean tone, detailed and punchy?

[quote name='davidmpires' post='543545' date='Jul 17 2009, 08:17 PM']You described it just right clean tone, detailed and punchy. Its's a great combination of uncoloured gear it's all about the bass and the fingers or pick for that matter[/quote]

I much prefer to use an uncoloured backline, (or at least - as uncoloured as possible - we're stil governed by the laws of physics lol) then use my other gear (preamp/sims etc) to do all the work. The set up thus sounds pretty great to me!

[quote name='Finbar' post='544341' date='Jul 18 2009, 09:37 PM']How loud do they go? I really need something like the B2 sounds to be, but I'd need to get some moderate to serious volume out of it.[/quote]

Last week on Thursday it was raining like crazy and we were playing outdoors with two guitar players and a loud drummer and lots of people cheering and I had volume to spare.

Is this loud enough?

Oh we were playing rock. Killers KOL type thing