Why become a member? ×

Carvin BX500

WHUFC BASS

Yes, I spotted this lil fella.. The one thing I REALLY like is that you can switch the tube out of the circuit completely.. That's a really nice touch. Great spec too.

[quote name='fatgoogle' post='532924' date='Jul 5 2009, 12:50 PM']It does look great but its still only made for 115v isnt it, so thats the main problem there. but for 300 euro and a graphic eq it looks great.[/quote]

It appears to be an auto adjusting universal power supply

[quote]- AC Voltage Input: 100-250V 50-60 Hz[/quote]

The graphic EQ seems more suited to general purpose PA use than a dedicated bass amp. The 16kHz slider isn't going to do a lot, and 63Hz is a bit high for good control of the real lows. I'd have put a 32Hz band on the bottom and made 8kHz the highest band.

Other than that, it looks pretty promising.

A

[quote name='Alien' post='532966' date='Jul 5 2009, 01:24 PM']The graphic EQ seems more suited to general purpose PA use than a dedicated bass amp. The 16kHz slider isn't going to do a lot, and 63Hz is a bit high for good control of the real lows. I'd have put a 32Hz band on the bottom and made 8kHz the highest band.

Other than that, it looks pretty promising.

A[/quote]

Unless the 63Hz and 16Khz is a shelving slider? I guess that would be good for the 63Hz, but yes, I agree the 16Khz slider isn't going to see much action, other than hiss relief I think.