Why become a member? ×

I thnk I just got a bargain SWR

NJE

Hi,

Judging by your location i will assume you tried the one in the Newcastle store which is the one I was sent. I noticed the noise (rattled at higher volume). basically i think the amp had taken a knock (back top corner was slightly caved in) and this knock I think had loosened the whole casing on the combo. the horizontal board that seperates the head from the speaker was not joined tightly to the rest of the case and was coming apart. It was causing a rattle and was I think reducing the amount of bass being produced (A/B against my Ashdown 4x8 and it was nowhere near the level of bass) I got my girlfriend to squeeze the cab together to tighten the joint and it sounded fine but I didnt want it in that condition even if it was only £400.

Guitar Guitar were amazing about it though, no worries they took it back without a worry and I explained the problem I had with it. To be fair it was only noticeabloe because i was really looking for faults, I doubt the guys in the store had even picked up on it. I will definetaly be buying from tehm again, great customer service so far. I was thinking about a Eden 1x10 they had for sale but it wont be powerful enough for my needs so I will be getting a refund and looking around teh forum for something portable.

[quote name='BTGAndy' post='536918' date='Jul 10 2009, 12:21 AM']What was wrong with the amp? I played this one in the shop but didn't buy because it was very noisy when I turned master right up. I ended up buying the Workingmans 2x10C combo from them instead.
GuitarGuitar have always treated me right, it's why I keep going back.[/quote]

[quote name='BTGAndy' post='536918' date='Jul 10 2009, 12:21 AM']GuitarGuitar have always treated me right, it's why I keep going back.[/quote]

they were great with me too - i ordered my baby baby blue on sunday, they phoned monday morning to confirm the order and it arrived 1st thing tuesday in one of the best packed packages i've ever seen.

top marks all round.

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='531501' date='Jul 3 2009, 11:17 AM']Was that from guitarguitar or something? I remember seeing on their website they had 3 of them or something, and a bunch of other stuff for okay deals.[/quote]

IF yopu're still looking for a Black Beauty, I was in Guitarguitar in Newcastle this afternoon and they have one standing just inside the door. I did'nt try it our in case I was tempted - divorce can be very expensive!!!

[quote name='voodoobassman' post='541417' date='Jul 15 2009, 04:33 PM']IF yopu're still looking for a Black Beauty, I was in Guitarguitar in Newcastle this afternoon and they have one standing just inside the door. I did'nt try it our in case I was tempted - divorce can be very expensive!!![/quote]

Thanks, but I think that is probably the one I sent back, never mind. Actually it has kind of all worked out in an odd way. I only wanted it as it seemed my band would be doing more gigs and generally be playing more but our drummer left so now I basically have no need for a bass amp what so ever. I am probably going to sell my Ashdown setup now and just buy a small cheap combo for home practice, but i usually play through the computer so who knows.

When we get going again i will use the rehearsal studio backline (usually Ampeg, Orange, or Ashdown) and when we gig again i will think about buying something but that could be 6 months away.