Why become a member? ×

Godlyke fretless

dub_junkie

Deity 4 string fretless from Japan. no longer made. Bought from eubassix a year ago so plenty of time to come round to loving this one.

(unusual) set neck with ebony board, flame maple top over ash back, see thru black,18v preamp with 3 band EQ

Beautifully (and very heavily) rounded over fingerboard edges and a properly cut brass nut make this bass a great player. sounds great too with the MM + J. My only gripe is the radius of the board is a bit flattish but I have largely got used to that

The fretboard is probably flatish because the owner of Godlyke owns and plays several vintage B.C.Rich basses,as well as his own Godlyke basses,so he probably had the boards made comfortable to him,very smart looking basses :)

Thanks bythesea and shockwave for the comments. i can see where you're coming from with the 5 string thing.

Kermitnt,I stole it from Dave (eubassix) with his blessing.

RhysP,I've seen clips of this guy playing his Godlyke. again thanks for the kind words

Lorne that would make sense if its the case. Its my only niggle with the bass,the radius. otherwise it ticks all the right boxes.

[quote name='dub_junkie' post='529919' date='Jul 1 2009, 08:17 PM']Thanks bythesea and shockwave for the comments. i can see where you're coming from with the 5 string thing.

Kermitnt,I stole it from Dave (eubassix) with his blessing.

RhysP,I've seen clips of this guy playing his Godlyke. again thanks for the kind words

Lorne that would make sense if its the case. Its my only niggle with the bass,the radius. otherwise it ticks all the right boxes.[/quote]

I could ask him if you like,he's a very good friend of mine :)