Why become a member? ×

Marvel Straplocks

GreeneKing

My Overwater came with a set of these. They are very high quality and the design is neat and pretty foolproof.

There's a spring loaded sleeve that when released forces a ring of tiny ball bearings into an annular groove on the 'button' fitted to the bass.

I usually use Schaller, Boston or similar that cost between a tenner and £16. These heavy duty and superbly engineered items are available from Axesrus for £8.25 a set.

Another neat feature is that the strap portion is tightened by a small knurled knob, so much easier than finding a thin spanner.

They even come with a pair of felt pads - chrome, black or gold.

Here's my new ones that arrived today:

[quote name='beerdragon' post='528192' date='Jun 29 2009, 10:18 PM']I have a thick bass strap so the Schaller ones wont fit.i wonder if these will. you cant get much cheaper than the Jim Dunlop ones, £1. [url="http://www.shopwiki.co.uk/Jim+Dunlop+Lock+Strap"]http://www.shopwiki.co.uk/Jim+Dunlop+Lock+Strap[/url][/quote]

Apart from they start turning the strap button as the pressure between them is the only thing holding your strap there, so I used them years ago and it pulled them out on one of my basses.

Marvel ones are great on thick straps just maybe squeeze some loctite in there to stop them coming loose, I do this with Schallers as well.

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='528178' date='Jun 29 2009, 10:03 PM']Problem is they unscrew when abused but I assume you don't move on stage like I do :rolleyes:. I had a set on a Thunderbird, they aren't bad and easy to tighten but I already had like 7 basses with schallers so just replaced them.[/quote]

Nope I'm a static exhibit :)

Mine are fitted to my thickest strap and are great. I give them a tweek every so often and they seem to stay tight.