Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

GIG BAGS

Kingbassist

Hi everyone,

I've now got a couple of Overwater Jazz basses and one of their Perception basses, all five stringers, 35" scale... I now need some decent gig bags for them.. Nothing too bulky but with decent padding etc.. The Jazz basses are quite long overall (smidge under 48") and I'm wondering which cases they'd fit in.. I've seen ads for iGig bags and Mono too.. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance, Ian

Edited by Kingbassist

The Harvest bags that Overwater sell are very good - the canvas ones aren't stupid pricey. Well, they weren't a year or two ago...probably gone up a bit now. To be honest the standard Hiscox case is almost as easy to cart around as a good bag, is cheaper and will always provide more protection.

[quote name='6stringbassist' post='526890' date='Jun 28 2009, 06:22 PM']I just bought a Mono bag yesterday. It's probably the best that I've come across, a bit expensive maybe but so were my basses.[/quote]

Ah cool, do you think I could fit my 35" scale Jazz bass in a Mono case?

[quote name='Kingbassist' post='527033' date='Jun 28 2009, 08:28 PM']Ah cool, do you think I could fit my 35" scale Jazz bass in a Mono case?[/quote]

Oh yes, with room to spare. I've tried my Modulus, Sei and Jaydee in it and they all fit. My Jaydee is the most awkward, it's actually very long and very wide.

[quote name='BassBod' post='527191' date='Jun 28 2009, 10:41 PM']Thats strange - I used to put a JD Supernatural in a standard Hiscox, even sent it off in one when I sold it. It was a pretty "snug" fit though. There is also a larger Hiscox, for those bigger basses...but I've never seen one.[/quote]

Strange and annoying, I bought it specifically for the JD.

[quote name='BassBod' post='526994' date='Jun 28 2009, 07:53 PM']The Harvest bags that Overwater sell are very good - the canvas ones aren't stupid pricey. Well, they weren't a year or two ago...probably gone up a bit now. To be honest the standard Hiscox case is almost as easy to cart around as a good bag, is cheaper and will always provide more protection.[/quote]

The OW Canvas ones were selling for £120, the leather ones were a lot more. Are OW still selling them as I can't see 'em on their website?

Cheers,
iamthewalrus