Why become a member? ×

My Favorite bass of all time..Hamer Impact..

bubinga5

I saw this bass in an old Bass book by Tony Bacon..It is awsome..Very rare..Very expensive..I soooo want one!! Has anyone played one...Wonder what the tone is like?

Hamer Impact neck through.. [url="http://www.hamerfanclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31343&hl="]http://www.hamerfanclub.com/forums/index.p...c=31343&hl=[/url]

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='526505' date='Jun 28 2009, 08:36 AM']Well it certainly looks quite incredible. Great gloss finish on the one. Fairly rare mind with only a dozen made.[/quote]

Very, very rare I'd say! But the finish looks absolutely amazing, like a coat of glass! Looks like a good 'un.

Most of them are owned by collectors over at the Hamer Fan Club Forum.
Incredibly sought after & everyone who's played one raves about it.
Most of them are more "80s hair metal" looking than that - the bass was originally designed for Kip Winger.

Edited by RhysP

Only a dozend were made? Them I'm an idiot. Had one in the late 90's made of Zebrawood. Bass was really dirty, had some white powder on it and was very hard to clean up. The finish was really nice and glassy, the woodwork was much better than the one of my two Tobiases. Neck was kind of wide but with nice profile and easy to play.

No for the bad things: Pickups (EMG) microfonic/noisy as never heard before in an instrument but the real problem was a neck that moved over night. Bass had two trusrods and even after setting the bass up various time the neck did not settle. Had to go fpr a Warwick Thumb 4.

Had I known that only twelve were made I should have kept it and sell it to someone collecting rare guitars and basses.

Edited by caruso