Why become a member? ×

wiring speakons to SWR goliath II

eightball

right, i'm gonna wire some speakons into my SWR Golaith II's - plan is to relocate the crossover from the jackplate, and put in the speakons where the red/black poles currently are. i'll use the wiring from these for the speakons.

not so much of a query as a confirmation;

i figure the +ve wire from the [color="#FF0000"]red pole [/color]should be wired to +1 on the speakon, piggybacked to the +1 on the other speakon. -ve wire from the black pole to the -1 on the speakon, piggybacked to the -1 on the other speakon.

95% sure i'm correct, but will feel a lot better about it with the basschat seal of approval!

apologies for my brain leak!

[quote name='BassBod' post='525267' date='Jun 26 2009, 08:12 PM']Sounds right to me...but what's wrong with the old banana plugs? I've always liked them, nice and simple.[/quote]

cheers alex and escholl! mission is go! i'll stick up some pics when i'm done.

bassbod - half of one of the bananas is missing anyway, plus i'm presently running my cabs from the LH1000, so speakons seem a bit more appropriate. my rig does get driven pretty hard!

Edited by eightball

[quote name='eightball' post='525523' date='Jun 26 2009, 11:56 PM']cheers alex and escholl! mission is go! i'll stick up some pics when i'm done.

bassbod - half of one of the bananas is missing anyway, plus i'm presently running my cabs from the LH1000, so speakons seem a bit more appropriate. my rig does get driven pretty hard![/quote]

Ahh..that makes sense then. Mine are still intact and I always liked the bare wire/binding post as a last option if I forgot the right cable.

BB