Why become a member? ×

Best online Bass course lessons????

bubinga5

Im looking to brush up on my theory and advanced techniques on the bass..Was wondering what the best online lessons are..

I dont mind paying for them, so want something very comprehensive. (from beginner to advanced).I dont want the BS sites that tell me i can play like a pro in 10 minutes...I just want a program i can delve into when i want to, and pick up some new stuff..

I would like to use it as a recourse to access when i want..

Any ideas?

[quote name='Faithless' post='524674' date='Jun 26 2009, 10:25 AM']I'd better get a proper tutor, if I had 4 grand. Honestly.

*runs for cover*[/quote]

There's always one, isn't there :)

But they wouldn't be able to teach you anything I can't supply while I am trying to in the Weekly Lesson for NOWT. However:-

The time to employ a private tutor is most important when you start out playing, to teach the rudimentary aspects and ensuring you don't have, or build any bad habits. I personally believe, and not everyone agrees with this, that once a player gets to a certain stage, their hand positions are correct, and they have a decent knowledge of the fretboard, you can advance your skill level with progressively fewer visits to the tutor.

As I said in the Weekly Lesson, the thread is not for newbies, although if they want help, they can pm me and I will see what I can do to assist.

The secret to improvement when you are a musician is more often than not, the desire you have to learn, and the time you spend applying the knowledge you have acquired into your practice time.

So give it a go, next lesson is probably more interesting as it is going to be on chords, relative scales, and scales you can play over certain chords with some more theory etc etc

The whole idea is to give some structured advice on how interested people can take the theory and apply it to their instrument and playing.

I am not saying the course will last for ever, but get out of it what you can while it lasts, and ask questions about stuff you don't understand.

Edited by rslaing

www.musicdojo.com

I believe the courses they do over there are really goo. I'm biased because Adam Nitti is one of my favourites.

Worth checking out at least.

Personally, I believe that you can't beat one to one contact with a tutor in the flesh, rather than online.

[quote name='Rayman' post='524778' date='Jun 26 2009, 12:30 PM']www.musicdojo.com

I believe the courses they do over there are really goo. I'm biased because Adam Nitti is one of my favourites.

Worth checking out at least.

Personally, I believe that you can't beat one to one contact with a tutor in the flesh, rather than online.[/quote]

Yep, good "distance learning" course at around £50 a lesson over I believe, over the period of a week or 10 days.

As I also said, and agree, a physical "in the flesh tutor" is fine, depending upon which level you are at.

The success and development of any player ultimately however, lies in their motivation to learn and the time spent applying the knowledge in practice sessions.

Edited by rslaing