Why become a member? ×

A few pics of my little setup

Shire

Well Basschat owner Ped popped over to my gaff the other day and suggested I take a few pics of my gear. I've known him for years so he lent me the forum Epiphone ET-280 which was kindly donated. Anyway it looks like this:

Cheeky little group shot with my Ashdown ABM300 and Mini 48 and 15 cabs :) (excuse the curtians, I just moved and I am aware of how nasty they are!)

My 1971 Fender Musicmaster strung with flats and a nice new seymour duncan pickup :rolleyes:

cont....

And my Squier VM Jazz:

Oh and effects. I used to be a guitarist so you might spot a couple of rogues on the board :rolleyes:

We're hopefully off to London on Saturday to blow some cash in some music shops so if you have any recommendations on how I can improve my setup, fire away!

:)

Edited by Shire

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='525848' date='Jun 27 2009, 12:04 PM']Love the look of your Musicmaster... I played one years ago and it was great![/quote]

Thanks :lol: Its a keeper for sure. The flats on it make it sound really fat :)

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='525895' date='Jun 27 2009, 01:05 PM']+1!

Epic bass, definately part of my dream collection! :D[/quote]

Cheers, its yours for £1k ;)

[quote name='steve' post='525967' date='Jun 27 2009, 02:33 PM']Hi Matt, how's the Musicmaster sound with the SD?[/quote]

Hey Steve, the SD makes it put out much more volume and punch, a really good upgrade and I'm glad I did it. I also swapped the pickguard for a black one from WD just for a change. Still got all the original wiring that came with it too so I can restore her to her former glory if I ever sell it :rolleyes: You missing her yet?

[quote name='Shire' post='530498' date='Jul 2 2009, 12:33 PM']Hey Steve, the SD makes it put out much more volume and punch, a really good upgrade and I'm glad I did it. I also swapped the pickguard for a black one from WD just for a change. Still got all the original wiring that came with it too so I can restore her to her former glory if I ever sell it :) You missing her yet?[/quote]

Great stuff, the black pg works well. There maybe a small pang of regret in selling, but the proceeds contributed to something that will (eventually) make it all worthwhile :rolleyes:

[quote name='steve' post='530553' date='Jul 2 2009, 01:10 PM']Great stuff, the black pg works well. There maybe a small pang of regret in selling, but the proceeds contributed to something that will (eventually) make it all worthwhile :)[/quote]

Yeah I know the feeling. Although I hope to get something new (not necessarily better) I think I'll keep the Musicmaster and sell the Jazz, there's just something about it :rolleyes: