Why become a member? ×

Ashdown ABM 300 evo II head

giblett123

Hi folks,

Ashdown ABM 300 evo amp head for sale, very little use & in excellent condition. Specs are:
325 watts into a minimum impedance of 4 ohms, high/low instrument inputs, line input, DI out, sub out, tuner out, 7 band eq, effects send & return, sub harmonic generator, tube preamp stage, a great sounding head but I need something a little smaller for the gigs I do these days. I'm looking for in region of £180 but I'm open to sensible offers.
Cheers for looking.
PS based in Birmingham probably could courier but collection preferred.

Edited by giblett123

[quote name='iamapirate' post='523128' date='Jun 24 2009, 11:13 PM']Jus' to let you know theres a for sale forum just a tad bit down the page.... Just a thought. mayyy help your sale... just a a
tad :)

Anyway, I love these amps. I've got a similar one.... and love it![/quote]

It's a great sounding amp, loads of balls but alas my back is shafted & moving this thing is killing me, looking for one of those genz benz jobbies on wheels!

[quote name='iamapirate' post='523940' date='Jun 25 2009, 05:58 PM']but not as ampeg...

Yeah, tried out an ashdown with a fender jazz in my music shop, liked the tone quite a ot, then switched to a trace elliot and almost puked...[/quote]

Was the trace good or bad? I've not been near one since they went bust, all to heavy for a feeble old fart like me to cart around!

[quote name='iamapirate' post='529523' date='Jul 1 2009, 12:59 PM']Do you mean bump? :)
yeh, I'm not keen on trace elliots - too green for a start! :rolleyes: Seriously, though, the tone sounds too digital to me and the overall feel is very.... preset-ish[/quote]

I'm looking to replace mine, would love an old school ampeg like sound but in a package I can actually lift of the ground! anyone with ideas or advice I'd love to hear them!

[quote name='giblett123' post='529809' date='Jul 1 2009, 05:49 PM']I'm looking to replace mine, would love an old school ampeg like sound but in a package I can actually lift of the ground! anyone with ideas or advice I'd love to hear them![/quote]

Price drop bump! :)