Why become a member? ×

Sound Control Salford

Bidd

Just want to ask a question. I went Sound Control Salford for the first time today looking to try a couple of US/Japanese Fender Jazzes, but they did not have a single Jazz, not even a Squire. Is this normal for a shop this size? They did have a Yammy BB614 that I was impressed with. Does anyone have one and would you recommend it, or the BB414?

OK, so they did seem to have loads of Warwicks (a wall load in fact) but I didn't think everyone planned to spend over £1k on a bass, especially not me, being a 20 year old student.

Can someone recommend me any good guitar shops for bass guitars in the northwest as I have no idea, especially ones that have a decent variety of bass guitars

[quote name='Bidd' date='Sep 3 2007, 03:16 PM' post='54772']
Just want to ask a question. I went Sound Control Salford for the first time today looking to try a couple of US/Japanese Fender Jazzes, but they did not have a single Jazz, not even a Squire. Is this normal for a shop this size? They did have a Yammy BB614 that I was impressed with. Does anyone have one and would you recommend it, or the BB414?

OK, so they did seem to have loads of Warwicks (a wall load in fact) but I didn't think everyone planned to spend over £1k on a bass, especially not me, being a 20 year old student.

Can someone recommend me any good guitar shops for bass guitars in the northwest as I have no idea, especially ones that have a decent variety of bass guitars

MB1. :)
The salford sound control did have some fender jazz basses last time i was in so they must have sold them.The reason they have a wall of warwicks is because there official uk stockists and warwick distribution is on Bridge street, Manchester.Best place for cheap,second hand basses and equipment is JOHNNY ROADHOUSE on oxford road(Plenty of fenders,new and second hand) also try MUSIC GROUND on oxford road not particularly cheap, but plenty of stock.totally up to yourself if you want to go into SOUND CONTROL on oxford rd (they have very little stock,of any interest,Salfords better).JOHNNY ROADHOUSE IS YOUR BEST BET ME THINKS! ASK FOR DANNY!.

Edited by MB1

[quote name='Bidd' post='54772' date='Sep 3 2007, 03:16 PM']They did have a Yammy BB614 that I was impressed with. Does anyone have one and would you recommend it, or the BB414?[/quote]
Yeah they are. Great feel and tone.

Also check out the Yamaha BB414 for sale in the "Basses: For Sale" section. A really good buy.

I bought my Fuzz pedal from Johnny Roadhouse on ebay. Very nice customer service even for an ebay deal. It didnt bipass when I switched it off.

Anyway I sent it back and got a replacement and my shipping refunded.

If that is anything to go by I would pay a visit to his shop if I was anywhere near.

[quote name='Bidd' post='54772' date='Sep 3 2007, 03:16 PM']Just want to ask a question. I went Sound Control Salford for the first time today looking to try a couple of US/Japanese Fender Jazzes, but they did not have a single Jazz, not even a Squire. Is this normal for a shop this size? They did have a Yammy BB614 that I was impressed with. Does anyone have one and would you recommend it, or the BB414?

Can someone recommend me any good guitar shops for bass guitars in the northwest as I have no idea, especially ones that have a decent variety of bass guitars[/quote]

That's strange, I was in there a fortnight ago and they probably about 5, including some squiers. They had two of those squier jazzes with the fake block inlays, one of them was on a stand in front of the row of Trace amps they have.

Must have sold them all.

[quote name='Waldo' date='Sep 3 2007, 06:36 PM' post='54875']
That's strange, I was in there a fortnight ago and they probably about 5, including some squiers. They had two of those squier jazzes with the fake block inlays, one of them was on a stand in front of the row of Trace amps they have.

Must have sold them all.

MB1. :)
Unless they hide them when the students come in?..."Are you a student?...here try this spector!. :huh: