Why become a member? ×

Ibanez SR505 w/ gig bag

erisu

I'd like to add this to my collection but the timing is wrong for me. :) I wonder when they changed the battery compartment from the one needing a screwdriver to the clip version. Looks fabulous though.

SR505s are excellent basses, best of luck with the sale!

i'm not sure about the dates you mentioned, but i know my SR500 has a wenge/bubinga neck thats identical to yours (except 4 string, not 5). so i'm fairly sure yours is wenge/bubinga, too.

hehe thanks all! But before I sell this bass, I need to look for an active 4-stringer! Im into the Fender Jazz sound at the moment so i'd like a fender active deluxe jazz? Anyone have one up for grabs or have any active 4-stringer for sale?

Bumpity bump...

Anyone else have a 4-string active bass up for grabs?

Just to give you guys a clear idea of what im looking for in most wanted order:

Fender active deluxe jazz or precision or any other Fender active bass
Ibanez SR
Schecter
Spector
Ibanez ATK
Warwick
G&L
ESP Ltd

Active basses only please.

Edited by erisu

[quote name='Kongo' post='525085' date='Jun 26 2009, 05:56 PM']You sold the BTB!?
MADNESS!!![/quote]

I really couldn't get used to the chunky neck on a 5-string :) Maybe if I had a 4-string BTB, it would be easier but man... my left hand felt like an 8 yrs old hand on the BTB hahah! (And I have quite long fingers too!)

[quote name='4000' post='525085' date='Jun 26 2009, 08:06 PM']These are fabulous basses for the money. I think if I was starting again I'd buy a couple of these and have done with it; I'd have saved myself thousands. Oh and yes, looks like wenge/bubinga to me.[/quote]

Oh yes, oh yes! This SR505 is by far the best 5 string bass i've played! I owned the SR405, SR485, SR885, SR645 and BTB405 in the past and the sound and comfort of the neck is the best out of all the SR's I've played!

• 1 month later...

[quote name='thedonutman' post='583857' date='Aug 28 2009, 05:55 PM']Is there any chance you could post this?[/quote]

Sorry mate, strictly collection only or I can arrange a meet-up in London because I really don't trust courier companies dealing with this bass - just incase they screw it up so i just like to play it safe here.