Why become a member? ×

Lead Sheet

skywalker

Love that song! I found a MIDI file of the track and used the notator function in my music software to turn the bass line into errr.... notation. It's close enough.

If I remember I'll try it again and post the resultant notoation.

Thanks Jennifer

That may help me, I will try that.

Thanks Dood
I have a similar piece of software that will give the notation, but my sight reading is not quick enough, so I need to put the chords on and then I can wing it from there. I will apply Jennifers chords to the notation and see where that takes me.

Thanks both

Steve

Edited by skywalker

[quote name='skywalker' post='55091' date='Sep 4 2007, 08:03 AM']Thanks Jennifer

That may help me, I will try that.
Thanks Dood
I have a similar piece of software that will give the notation, but my sight reading is not quick enough, so I need to put the chords on and then I can wing it from there. I will apply Jennifers chords to the notation and see where that takes me.

Thanks both

Steve[/quote]
Steve,
Did a bit of digging and found this in my "guitar" tabs folder. Any use?
Stuart
[attachment=2117:Moondance.pdf]

[quote name='dood' post='55212' date='Sep 4 2007, 12:44 PM']Awesome, I'll take a copy of that too, as I like to mess about on the ole geetar and do my best 'singing in the shower' crooning on the odd occasion ;o)[/quote]

Electric Guitar + Shower = Crispy Dood

[quote name='OldGit' post='55399' date='Sep 4 2007, 05:06 PM']Explains the hairstyle ...
:)[/quote]

For Moondance you really need to sit down with the record (and chord chart) and get that swing walking bass feel it has.
It's one of those tunes where you almost have to do a karaoke version or the feel goes out the window ..
Sorry mate but there's not really an easy way to do it...

[quote]This is spot on thanks (even the words for extra guidance!!) and I have the notation to get the phrasing right. Mucho midnight oil to get this right for a gig next week.[/quote]

2 important thing about this song
1/ The audience only THINKS they know it. They won't notice as long as its in time and mostly in key. The bass line walks and changes throughout the song.
2/ Part of the fun is to screw with it anyway.

I did it a couple of months ago for a charity gig. I guarantee you that: a) I couldn't hear it :) They couldn't hear it, c)They were looking at the singer's tits
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IfqWoURTuY"]moondance youtube[/url]

P.S. the singer couldn't hear herself either.

[quote name='OldGit' post='55401' date='Sep 4 2007, 05:08 PM']For Moondance you really need to sit down with the record (and chord chart) and get that swing walking bass feel it has.
It's one of those tunes where you almost have to do a karaoke version or the feel goes out the window ..
Sorry mate but there's not really an easy way to do it...[/quote]

I am doing quite a lot of swing walking lines at the moment and getting the feel down nicely. I am looking foward to getting this down so that I can experiment with and add somme fiddly bits of my own.