Why become a member? ×

TRADED - Phil Jones Bass suitcase

giblett123

Brand new Phil jones Bass suitcase for sale, bought as a gift but I need the money more than a new amp! Great tone & very portable. specs are as follows:
2 channel 180w output (300w with external 4b cab which is not included), 4x high power 5" drivers, active/passive input, 5 band eq (50Hz/160Hz/630Hz, 2.5kHz/12kHz), optical compressor/limiter (switchable/adjustable), headphone out, balanced line out XLR DIi, effects return, extension speaker out (taking the output to 300 W with extra 8Ω cab w/speakon), dimensions: 16.5 H x 13.5 W x 17.5 D, weight - 49lb/19kgs. Unused & as new, I'm looking for for £550 but will listen to offers so feel free to ask! (based in Birmingham).
Thanks for looking,
[email protected]

Edited by giblett123

[quote name='giblett123' post='519080' date='Jun 20 2009, 08:58 AM']Brand new Phil jones Bass suitcase for sale, bought as a gift but I need the money more than a new amp! Great tone & very portable. specs are as follows:
2 channel 180w output (300w with external 4b cab which is not included), 4x high power 5" drivers, active/passive input, 5 band eq (50Hz/160Hz/630Hz, 2.5kHz/12kHz), optical compressor/limiter (switchable/adjustable), headphone out, balanced line out XLR DIi, effects return, extension speaker out (taking the output to 300 W with extra 8Ω cab w/speakon), dimensions: 16.5 H x 13.5 W x 17.5 D, weight - 49lb/19kgs. Unused & as new, I'm looking for for £550 but will listen to offers so feel free to ask! (based in Birmingham).
Thanks for looking,
[email protected][/quote]

I love my PJB's to bits! With the ext cab you get 300 watts of the purest bass tone you are ever gonna hear! Wanna know what your bass really sounds like - well buy this and find out!

I can see why you're selling it, but surely you must have some kids or elderly relatives that you could move on first....? :)

[quote name='leftybassman392' post='523113' date='Jun 24 2009, 11:01 PM']I love my PJB's to bits! With the ext cab you get 300 watts of the purest bass tone you are ever gonna hear! Wanna know what your bass really sounds like - well buy this and find out!

I can see why you're selling it, but surely you must have some kids or elderly relatives that you could move on first....? :)[/quote]

Interesting thought, dunno if I can squeeze 300w out of my mother in law!

[quote name='leftybassman392' post='523113' date='Jun 24 2009, 11:01 PM']I love my PJB's to bits! With the ext cab you get 300 watts of the purest bass tone you are ever gonna hear! Wanna know what your bass really sounds like - well buy this and find out!

I can see why you're selling it, but surely you must have some kids or elderly relatives that you could move on first....? :rolleyes:[/quote]

Glad you're enjoying it...although I have to say I'm missing the suitcase rig quite a bit. :)

[quote name='giblett123' post='523357' date='Jun 25 2009, 10:10 AM']Ahh..... you could have this one... mucho cheapo, open to offers!! :)[/quote]

I've just sold my stack to leftyman a few weeks ago on here. I don't drive so am holding out for something a little more portable. Cheers though.

[quote name='Mikey D' post='523343' date='Jun 25 2009, 09:55 AM']Glad you're enjoying it...although I have to say I'm missing the suitcase rig quite a bit. :rolleyes:[/quote]

Sure am. Already had a Briefcase (now mostly used to reinforce my acoustic guitars) and a Flightcase (great PJB tone but a bit underpowered on its own IMHO). The Suitcase does the job nicely - big sound for such a compact (and light!) rig.

£550 for this is a steal! :)