Why become a member? ×

Cabinent positioning / stacking / angling...

fretmeister

Ok - so I understand that it is more efficient to stack cabs in line (such as two 2x10 - so you get a vertical line of 4), but how does that compare with using stands to angle the cabs upwards?

If I ran two 1x12 cabs - should I angle both up, 1 up 1 flat, or stack them traditionally?

I'm sure some will say - whatever sounds nice... and some will say - this is the physics....

Just curious really!

[quote name='fretmeister' post='518139' date='Jun 19 2009, 10:09 AM']....I'm sure some will say - whatever sounds nice... and some will say - this is the physics....[/quote]
I think you just answered your own question!

[quote name='chris_b' post='518150' date='Jun 19 2009, 10:21 AM']I think you just answered your own question![/quote]

Yep, but with a caveat that what sounds nice in one place might not sound so nice in another. Get a long lead and walk round the stage and as much of the venue as you can reach to check that you're not improving the sound for yourself but making it worse for your bandmates/audience.

Tilting cabs up is usually a good idea, gets more midrange and treble up to your ears, but beware of too much tilt if you're in a venue with low ceilings.

Alex