Why become a member? ×

basstech.co.uk

bass_ferret

Found this site yesterday when I googled something so I thought I would sign up. There have been precisely zero posts since. The site has been going years and only managed:

Our members have made a total of 7,043 posts
We have 463 registered members
The newest member is bass_ferret
Most users ever online was 104 on Jun 29 2007, 05:14 PM

Compared to basschat in a few months:

Our members have made a total of 53,876 posts
We have 1,363 registered members
The newest member is mr gig
Most users ever online was 583 on Jun 29 2007, 03:33 PM

Dont think I will be going back there.

Thats Gary's forum, its not a rival at all. Its more for jazz focussed bass players. He's had issues with maintaining the site while overseas and has his hands full with Bassday. But he can explain that himself given he's a basschat member too, Basschat is sponsoring Bassday BTW.

Gary's a great bloke and the site doesn't compete with Basschat at all so I'm not sure what the problem is.

It's a good forum but it is quiet at the moment, largely down to the hacking and associated problems. I've also conducted a few interviews for Basstech over the years and will be getting round to doing some reviews for them soon ( honest Gary - they're coming!)

Cheers,
Alun

Yes Bass Tech UK forum has been quiet for some time.

Had big problems with Hackers which are now sorted.

Also speding 4 1/2 months in Africa things fell by the wayside. I remember having to spend a fortune on internet time in Gueru Zimbabwe at $10 for 30 mintues to sort it out and tunr off the forum temporarily.

Getting on top of things now and got some great interviews and reviews lined up.

basschat's count may only be in a few months, but don't forget bassworld. We had bassworld for years and we've kept all our members from there. every forum has to start somewhere, and if the site's designed just for jazz bassists, there's going to be less people on than basschat, which is for any bassists.

but no, i wouldn't worry about too much of a rivalry :)

Edited by lwtait