Why become a member? ×

Fender P MIJ

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fender-Precision-Bass-Guitar-Japan_W0QQitemZ120433435467QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item1c0a64634b&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A1%7C66%3A4%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A200"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fender-Precision-Bas...3A1%7C294%3A200[/url]

I like this but what does the guy mean by Photo flame? Ain't never heard of that.

BB

[quote name='The Bass Doc' post='517056' date='Jun 18 2009, 12:31 AM']I wouldn't get too excited about this model - the photograph (for that it what it is) will shrink over time and crack, revealing a not too pleasant piece of wood underneath.[/quote]

yup The typically over enthusiastic owners thread on talkbass says that too. "You can see the paper but it looks Ok from a distance"

I saw a cherry sunburst one on consignment in a shop a few years ago. The lacquer and foto had worn away in a big patch where the previous owner's right arm must have rested, exposing the basswood underneath. It looked like he played close to the bridge. It totally ruined the look of the bass. It would have been beautiful otherwise. :)

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='519691' date='Jun 21 2009, 12:03 AM']I saw a cherry sunburst one on consignment in a shop a few years ago. The lacquer and foto had worn away in a big patch where the previous owner's right arm must have rested, exposing the basswood underneath. It looked like he played close to the bridge. It totally ruined the look of the bass. It would have been beautiful otherwise. :)[/quote]

Yes, these worn spots are a problem - I had two Yamaha's (RBX460, BBG5) with that problem...