Why become a member? ×

[SOLD] Musicman Sub 5 string

Nick80

Can't see this hanging about for too long. That's a great price for what you get - depending on the de-paint job of course - certainly looks good in the pics.

It's actually giving me naughty ideas about my own SUB. :)
Is it a 2 piece slab? I always thought SUBs were made with the same stock of bodies (but uncontoured) as 'rays.

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='514526' date='Jun 15 2009, 05:42 PM']Is it a 2 piece slab? I always thought SUBs were made with the same stock of bodies (but uncontoured) as 'rays.[/quote]

You are correct sir, it is a 2 piece slab, you can see this in the picture of the back.
I'm not sure it's from the same stock as the std rays as this body is poplar I believe.

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='514552' date='Jun 15 2009, 06:05 PM']AHH! it's resurfaced!

I bloody love that SUB, but yet again it's come up at a time when I have NO money whatsoever! :)

Good luck with the sale, hopefully it'll stay within the BC family and reappear at a more wedged-up period of my life![/quote]

I must admit that looks nice... on a lighter note just bought a van today from the guitard of a tribute band called the Jam'd isn't it a small world we live in?

Nice to see another of my old basses for sale again (that's two today)!!

Anyway, this very nice vintage 'Ray look was created by the Beedster and the John East pre was built to his spec too, so it's quite a unique bass. My memory of it is that it had a lot of tonal variety thanks to the sweepable mid e.q. and it was light and comfortable to play.. One other good thing was that for a 34" scale bass, the B string is really excellent on this, as it is on a lot of Stingrays.. Oh, and I sold it on because I wanted a passive 5 string, otherwise I would have kept it.

Gave me a bit of nostalgia seeing it just now I must admit and it has had a few BC owners who may well feel the same; Beedster, me, WalMan, JoJo Bass (I think) etc, etc.. So it's done the rounds, but don't let that put you off..It's a good bass!

Good luck with the sale; certainly a lot of bass for the money! :)

P.S. that's a very lovely looking garden...