Why become a member? ×

Markbass F1 to F 500 upgrade ?

flippyfloop

Id like to hear also. The parametric looks quite useful! I think I'm going to hang on the the F1 though. It really is awesome.

Amps I would love to try, of the same ilk, the Ibanez Promethian and the GK MB2. They look pretty great.

I'd love to go 'matching' with my cab and drop an Epifani PS1000 on top. They look like great amps!

Yup. Markbass have dropped the high control on the F 500 to 4.5 Khz. Was 10 Khz on the F 1.

I also feel that Markbass are a tad overpriced although I have found the F 500 on Thomann for £811 delivered.

I'm also interested in the Eden WTX500. Only downside to this one - If the fuse breaks, you have to send it to eden to be changed !!

[quote name='flippyfloop' post='516399' date='Jun 17 2009, 08:34 AM']Yup. Markbass have dropped the high control on the F 500 to 4.5 Khz. Was 10 Khz on the F 1.

I also feel that Markbass are a tad overpriced although I have found the F 500 on Thomann for £811 delivered.

I'm also interested in the Eden WTX500. Only downside to this one - If the fuse breaks, you have to send it to eden to be changed !![/quote]

I'm a long time F1 user and will have an F500 next week. I'll post up. Besides the semi parametric mids, they've added a mute control (unfortunately a push pull on the master volume), a redesigned dual band power amp safetly limiter that supposedly is a bit more open when pushed, and a full featured DI with Level control and pre/post switch (nice).

[quote name='flippyfloop' post='516399' date='Jun 17 2009, 01:34 PM']Yup. Markbass have dropped the high control on the F 500 to 4.5 Khz. Was 10 Khz on the F 1.[/quote]

Oh really? It was the 10K control I like.. I think the EBS 650 has the same and I feel that is why they have such a pristine airey sounding top end. Hmmm... I'd have to hear the F500 to see if it were worth it,

[quote name='kjung' post='516489' date='Jun 17 2009, 03:16 PM']I'm a long time F1 user and will have an F500 next week. I'll post up. Besides the semi parametric mids, they've added a mute control (unfortunately a push pull on the master volume), a redesigned dual band power amp safetly limiter that supposedly is a bit more open when pushed, and a full featured DI with Level control and pre/post switch (nice).[/quote]

Ah, they did the limiter on the F500 as well? I didn't know that. I saw the LM3 models were getting the update.. Didn't think about the F500 as well. I have brickwalled the limiter on my F1 at gigs before, where the amplifier just wouldn't get any louder.. but the coolest thing was that the amp didn't distort once! Would be good to hear how the F500 handles the duties, but I was satisfied that the F1 limiter was looking after my hardware!

[quote name='kjung' post='516489' date='Jun 17 2009, 03:16 PM'](unfortunately a push pull on the master volume)[/quote]

Aw man... sounds like a two handed job... you'd have to hold the thing down to mute it... or pull it off the top of the cab! - unless the mechanism is quite weak between pull and pushed positions.

Edited by EBS_freak

[quote name='dood' post='516620' date='Jun 17 2009, 05:01 PM']Oh really? It was the 10K control I like.. I think the EBS 650 has the same[/quote]

10k - That's the bright control...
4k is the treble...

compared to the MB 4.5k. Have they ditched the utra highs?

Having said that, a lot of bass guys aren't interested in the ultra highs. For me... it's what makes the TD650.

I like ultra high's.

Sold my EBS HD 350 recently cos I needed something more portable. So I'm looking for something that can deliver glassy high end.

Tried out the new Markbass " Little Mark Tube " . Very nice.

Tried out the F1 with Epifani UL 112. Really nice, super tight, detailed sound. Shame there's no mute & pre/post switch.

Also gonna check out the TecAmp Puma 500 and Genz Benz Shuttle Max next week.

[quote name='flippyfloop' post='518347' date='Jun 19 2009, 01:20 PM']I like ultra high's.

Sold my EBS HD 350 recently cos I needed something more portable. So I'm looking for something that can deliver glassy high end.

Tried out the new Markbass " Little Mark Tube " . Very nice.

Tried out the F1 with Epifani UL 112. Really nice, super tight, detailed sound. Shame there's no mute & pre/post switch.

Also gonna check out the TecAmp Puma 500 and Genz Benz Shuttle Max next week.[/quote]

Get a Micro Bass II to get the EBS pre and then shove into the power amp of the smallest class D amp you can find...

For the record - I received an email today from Markbass stating that there was a miss print in the manual for the F500.

' The high EQ point is in fact 10 kHz, as stated on the website. The manual is incorrect and we have made the correction for future printings.

Sorry for any confusion this has caused ' .