Why become a member? ×

What sort of jazz bass would be a fair swap for a 4H Stingray?

horribleman

[quote name='horribleman' post='512245' date='Jun 12 2009, 04:07 PM']I've got terrible GAS for a nice jazz bass, and I have a lovely 4H Sunburst ray.

If I were in luck and there was a trade to be done, what kind of jazz (fender and other makes) would you guys consider to be a fair swap in terms of value?[/quote]

probably best to chuck this to the For Sale section, as then you can be in direct contact to peeps wanting to trade Jazzes with Rays :)

[quote name='horribleman' post='512245' date='Jun 12 2009, 04:07 PM']I've got terrible GAS for a nice jazz bass, and I have a lovely 4H Sunburst ray.

If I were in luck and there was a trade to be done, what kind of jazz (fender and other makes) would you guys consider to be a fair swap in terms of value?[/quote]

Probably an American Standard 4 string.

[quote name='dlloyd' post='512278' date='Jun 12 2009, 04:41 PM']Probably an American Standard 4 string.[/quote]

I think a ray is worth more than an american standard, I would say an american jazz deluxe or a 75 usa reissue or something similar

I picked up my Sandberg in a trade for a Stingray 2005 Ltd Ed. It's a huge step up from a standard US jazz (in my opinion, of course). If it's a trade you're after, it's worth waiting for something you really fancy, everything pops up on here sooner or later!

US Jazzes have seen a price increase recently, but it looks like not as much as I thought ! They seem to be £869 on GAK and Stingrays are £999 (2EQ). SO not a fat lot in it, but it's enough to expect a little extra on top or some sweeteners.