Why become a member? ×

**SOLD** Cheap home made cab

Hamster

My flatmate made this in the mid 1980's as his first cab build project. I've faithfully kept it for him in the spare room for years but it's time for it to go.

It's in full working order, 2 x 8" speakers in the sealed top section and a 15" speaker in an 'experimental' :) ported enclosure below, standard jack out the back. It sounds ok for what it is and puts out some reasonable low end.

I really can't remember what power handling the cab has or it's impedence, but am pretty sure all the speakers are 8 ohm and it has an internal passive crossover, which again seems to do it's job.

It's 92 x 54 x 45 cms and weighs around 54kg.

It has 2 x side handles and small trolley wheels.

Maybe ideal for you to leave in your rehearsal space?

Yours for £25 collected - all money raised to Basschat :rolleyes:

[attachment=26790:SANY0018.JPG]

[attachment=26791:SANY0019.JPG]

Looks like a contender for dropping an Emenence 3015LF and a couple of nice midrange speakers in. Lick of paint and a nice crossover.. very cheap project cab!

* haven't checked the cab volume, bracing or whether or not the mids are seperated inside though.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='ivansc' post='540020' date='Jul 14 2009, 08:57 AM']Hm.... bit enormous, but I DO have a chainsaw and I DO need a cheap as possible cab.

whereabouts is it/are you?[/quote]

I'm near Guildford in Surrey and I work most days in Staines

[quote name='Hamster' post='542703' date='Jul 16 2009, 10:35 PM']Sold, subject to the usual :)[/quote]
The Czech is not yet in the mail but will be sat morning - going to use the monster at a gig tonight- with a lab series amp at a paltry 100 watts.
At least it ought to sound period....

I suspect this will be gtetting the Hammond B3 treatment though.

Thanks again, senor!

ye go! what a monster!!
My drummer picked it up and left it in his mum`s shed for me to collect on the way to the gig ( A country and western festival) AND BLIMEY THE THING HAS SOME BASS!
Sorry - my arthritis makes editing accidental capslock slips a pain.
Anyway it worked so well the organisers complained about too much bass after the first set - with a 100 watt trannie head set at about 2!

Still in two minds as to whether it gets sawn in half. Back says yes, heart says no.

Thanks again, Colin!

• 4 weeks later...