Why become a member? ×

Reasonable strings for EUB?

bythesea

Recently bought a Stagg EUB which I am having some fun with (never played EUB/DB before) but have a bit of an issue.

Noticed when it arrived that there was some buzzing on the A string. Upon checking found that the winding on the string is uneven, so if you stop it at the wrong point it buzzes. This is only in the lower five semitones of the string. Got back to the company I bought it from and they said that they would get their suppliers to send me a replacement.

Three weeks later it hadn't arrived (was coming from overseas) so contacted them again and was told that it had been sent but they would ask them to send another. Two and a half weeks later (today) I received a parcel from Brussels containing a machine head!

Phoned the company I had bought it from who said that they would contact the supplier again (though I am starting to lose the will to live right now...)

Anyway, I have decided that in the meantime I may as well get a new set of strings for it and keep the originals (and the new one if it ever arrives) as spares.

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced replacement set suitable for this bass? Not looking for high end as this is more of a "for fun" thing, but would like something that sounds goodish.

Isn't the stagg something like 3/4 DB for scale length ?

No personal recommendations for the Stagg, but lots of advice here - [url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=344951"]http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=344951[/url]

And I think Correllis have had favourable comments here for a cheap DB string. Just under £100 ? Can't remember exactly.

Andy

Ooops - for some reason I thought it was a BG scale (think that was the Dean..) Try the Innovations? More of an old fashioned thump sound, which helps my EUB sound "acoustic". They are fairly cheap (around £80) for DB strings. Search on Talkbass as well?