Why become a member? ×

Vintage(ish) Fretless Fender Precision FS/FT

Beedster

[quote name='hubrad' post='513465' date='Jun 14 2009, 06:05 PM']Sounds like this would be a very nice bass for somebody out there..[/quote]

Thanks Hubrad, it certainly would.
I'd consider trades for a good 2x12 cab also, preferably 8ohm
Chris

Right, I'm in trouble. Mrs Beedster believes there to be a total of three bass guitars at Beedster Mansions. Following my purchase of an interesting '79 Precision last week, there are now five. I'm hoping that the fact that two of them are black will keep me out of trouble a while ("they all look the same"), but I think things could get messy around these parts soon (and you know what parts I'm talking about....)

So...

I was at the recieving end of some bloody good luck, good karma, whatever you want to call it last week (see Matt's/Hand of John Curlie's thread on the Precision he sold me), so in the spirit of BC and passing on good luck, I'll let this bass go for £300 collected from Canterbury. No case, no covers, just a bloody nice solid Jazz Bass. I've just bought a new house and have spent a fortune on sloicitors, surveys etc, so, TBH, I need the cash. You have my word that it's worth at least £200 more than the asking price, probably a whole lot more in fact.

It's on ebay at £500 so if it goes there first, c'est la vie.....

Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='514214' date='Jun 15 2009, 02:19 PM']Right, I'm in trouble. Mrs Beedster believes there to be a total of three bass guitars at Beedster Mansions. Following my purchase of an interesting '79 Precision last week, there are now five. I'm hoping that the fact that two of them are black will keep me out of trouble a while ("they all look the same"), but I think things could get messy around these parts soon (and you know what parts I'm talking about....)

So...

I was at the recieving end of some bloody good luck, good karma, whatever you want to call it last week (see Matt's/Hand of John Curlie's thread on the Precision he sold me), so in the spirit of BC and passing on good luck, I'll let this bass go for £300 collected from Canterbury. No case, no covers, just a bloody nice solid Jazz Bass. I've just bought a new house and have spent a fortune on sloicitors, surveys etc, so, TBH, I need the cash. You have my word that it's worth at least £200 more than the asking price, probably a whole lot more in fact.

It's on ebay at £500 so if it goes there first, c'est la vie.....

Chris[/quote]

....and if it doesn't go by the end of the ebay auction (Weds) I'll split it and sell it as parts :)

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='514286' date='Jun 15 2009, 03:21 PM']I'd have it if I could get down to collect it but I am busy as bollocks right now. :)[/quote]

A few guys have said the same thing! Just to clarify folks, I definitely can't post this bass. I have no case and, even if it's 'at your risk' I'm not putting a bass in the post without one. I'm in Milton Keynes occasionally so you could collect from there?
Chris

[quote name='Marcus' post='514296' date='Jun 15 2009, 03:32 PM']What a Deal Chris.......

How tempted am I at £300 ???

VERY.......

Someone bite chris's hand of at the Elbow !!![/quote]

And it's all your fault Mark, if you hadn't listed the UV70 I'd have been very happy with this Jazz! The neck is a perfect match for my '73 fretless, slightly narrower than the UV70, and the Fralins are very punchy. Don't really want to sell it, but it won't get played unless something horrid happens to the UV70. As one of the band said yesterday "you must have either bloody good luck or bloody good karma to have picked up so many great basses so cheap" so it seems fair to pass the luck on?

I can almost sound like Flea on the UV70 by the way! Not sure he would recognise it, but the slap's getting there :)

[quote name='the hand of john curley' post='514629' date='Jun 15 2009, 07:30 PM']Hi Chris

"interesting " Precision! ha ha !!! like it!

I cannot believe this is still on here at 300 notes!!!!! WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE WAITING FOR !!!!!!!

I thank you,[/quote]

Ummm, I think they're waiting for me to reply to their PMs :)

Matt, I'll PM you re the Precision once I've a complete story, but I'm having fun!

Chris

Guest BassKS

Oh thanks Chris....
Im glad you think it has. It was great meeting the well-known Beedster. Cool guy and great to do business with.
I travelled to Canterbury and missed a day of writing my PhD thesis, load of balls anyway but, got myself a beaut of a bass. Luckily though, no one was on my coach and I was slapping the bass like no ones business. Ive yet to put the BadassII which Chris kindly gave to me with some magenta strings and the copper stip which I kindly asked my Technician to cut a nice strip of.

it does mean that I need to put stuff up for sale to justify the sale to Mrs BassKS who is currently in San Francisco.

Thanks again Chris for being a gent and not succumbing to the higher offers that you got and you went for the first answer. Aparently I won by 3 seconds....
Luck eh?

Fatos

Hi all
Fretless Precision (pics in the first thread) is now for sale again. I love it but I've an incoming EUB from which I want to be getting the same kinda tone so I'm going to clear the decks a little. I'll consider trades also, mostly in the amplification/cab line...
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='521452' date='Jun 23 2009, 09:29 AM']Hi all
Fretless Precision (pics in the first thread) is now for sale again. I love it but I've an incoming EUB from which I want to be getting the same kinda tone so I'm going to clear the decks a little. I'll consider trades also, mostly in the amplification/cab line...
Chris[/quote]
Utterly confused .. thought you sold it.

So this is the fretless precision with the genuine fender 70's neck, but body of unknown lineage ? And how much ?

Andy

[quote name='BigBeatNut' post='521683' date='Jun 23 2009, 01:40 PM']Utterly confused .. thought you sold it.

So this is the fretless precision with the genuine fender 70's neck, but body of unknown lineage ? And how much ?

Andy[/quote]

Hi Andy
Yes, it is a bit confusing. All details are as in the original post. Nothing 'unknown' about it, it's just a bit of a composite! Re the confusion, if you have an hour or so to read the thread in full you'll see that it was sold, then the buyer needed a bit more time, I pulled out of the sale etc etc :)
£600 as stated in the original post. Potentially open to gear trades also
Cheers
Chris

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Beedster' post='510984' date='Jun 11 2009, 11:02 AM'][quote name='BigBeatNut' post='510866' date='Jun 11 2009, 08:49 AM']You've pretty much nailed why I like my '79 P (fretted, labella flats) so I can sympathise. Your fretless appealed to me for similar reasons.[/quote]There's something about a 70's Precision with La Bella flats isn't there :)
[/quote]
Dammit ... I'm convinced this bass will sound great, but I'm also sure it wouldn't see much use with me as I'm pretty much tied to fivers these days.

Have a bump on me.

Andy