Why become a member? ×

New Ashdown Klystron Classic 1000 - offers around £800?

Chopthebass

Hi,
For sale - Boxed, brand new, and unregistered Ashdown Klystron Classic 1000w head (575 + 575w).
How about someone make me an offer then!! I'm looking for around £800

Proudly built in the UK, the Classic Series is Ashdown’s flagship bass amp range. Comprising of 500 and 1000-watt Klystron heads, a selection of cabinets and a range of 500-Watt combos, the Classics are about doing everything better – more volume, more dynamics, an extended frequency range and greater versatility.

The 575 + 575-Watt Klystron 1000 head features a single input is switchable for passive and active instruments with a blend of solid state and dual triode tube preamps stages. Three straightforward rotary tone controls provide 20dB of cut and boost at 60Hz, 660Hz and 5kHz, and are supplemented by two pairs of additional sliders giving 15dB cut and boost at 180Hz, 340Hz, 1.3kHz and 2.6kHz. A built-in dual band compressor acts separately on the high and low frequency components of the signal to provide precise control, while the on-board sub-harmonic generator turns the Classics into powerhouses of tone.

The inclusion of a 4-way footswitch as standard makes Ashdown Classic amongst the most versatile live performance bass amps in the business, providing control over the compressor, sub-harmonic generator, tube grind and EQ pre-shape.

Specifications
Power Output (RMS) 575 + 575W

Thanks
Ian

Edited by Chopthebass

[quote name='Chopthebass' post='53438' date='Aug 31 2007, 03:48 PM']Don't fancy a brand new amp Mikey??!![/quote]

I do a lot, but if you look down a couple of posts you will see my phil jones rig for trade/cash! :) Give me your aguiliar and schroeder and we'll both have new amps! :huh:

Edited by Mikey D

[quote name='Mikey D' post='53457' date='Aug 31 2007, 04:07 PM']I do a lot, but if you look down a couple of posts you will see my phil jones rig for trade/cash! :) Give me your aguiliar and schroeder and we'll both have new amps! :huh:[/quote]

I see I'm not the only one who suffers GAS! Actaully I haven't got my Schroder yet - Nationwide have wired the money to the states and its got lost! Doh!

[quote name='Sibob' post='53860' date='Sep 1 2007, 03:40 PM']A superb price?
He hasn't listed a price lol

Si[/quote]

I was asking £800 inc delivery anywhere in UK.
I'm now asking for offers close to this.
Forgot to mention, I've got two of these at this price. Both new, boxed, unused and unregistered.

Cheers
Ian

Wow !!

I had the pleasure of trying one of these heads into my 2 swr 2x10's.

With the sub harmonic generator switched in, it made the 2x10's sound
absolutely huge & full in the bottom end & really sweet in the top end
like i've never heard them before, "hell yes" was i impressed with the sound
made the windows in his house rattle too :) .

Caught him by surprised how nice it sounded thro' 2x10's.

[quote name='Bernmeister' post='54367' date='Sep 2 2007, 07:48 PM']Wow !!

I had the pleasure of trying one of these heads into my 2 swr 2x10's.

With the sub harmonic generator switched in, it made the 2x10's sound
absolutely huge & full in the bottom end & really sweet in the top end
like i've never heard them before, "hell yes" was i impressed with the sound
made the windows in his house rattle too :) .

Caught him by surprised how nice it sounded thro' 2x10's.[/quote]

Agreed! These are awesome heads with bags of power. Plus they now have a compressor, which is footswitchable. A cool amp - lowest UK price!

[quote name='Sibob' post='54377' date='Sep 2 2007, 07:59 PM']And i was looking for a backup for my EVO II / replacement to make the EVO a backup.

Maybe if they're still about in a couple of months, i'll have one, we'll see how finances are.
How big and heavy is it?

Si[/quote]

Si,
It's a bit of a beast!
Dimensions: 158 x 610 x 355 mm, Weight: 28 kg